• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

this time it really wasn't my fault! - u/d face pics

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
I went into P@H to look at cages, popped over to the adoption centre - nothing there: great.
looked at cages some more & then saw that a staff member was putting some WWs into the adoption tanks - they had just been dumped outside the shop.
3 females + 1 male, all together... the girls had also been fighting.
I said "isn't there a chance that the girls are pregnant?" the bloke said "yeah, probably" :? and went away...
I called him over to show him a nasty looking wound on one of the girls and he had a look and said "she'll probably be ok" and went off again... the girls started fighting again (2 of them had wounds, one seemed to be steering clear), so I called him over again... and said that I'd take the one with the bad wounds.
I brought her home, let her settle for a while then bathed the wounds - I think they look quite clean, but I'll keep a close eye on them... here she is:
girl2.jpg

girl1.jpg

sorry there are no pics of her face yet! :oops:
poor hammies :cry:

p.s. I am not going back there again - even I have my limits!

Last edited:
I can't believe they let someone adopt an injured, possibly pregnant hamster :roll: I know you're going to look after her but you're just a random member of the public to them.

I can't believe they let someone adopt an injured, possibly pregnant hamster :roll: I know you're going to look after her but you're just a random member of the public to them.

Yes, I know - I was surprised they let me to be honest! :shock:
I can't believe they don't have quarantine tanks behind the scenes somewhere where they could hold them until the 21 days are up (and to let the wounds heal):evil:

Thanks..I know absolutely nothing about hamsters:lol: Did they let you take it for free?

She woke up and had a little explore, so I got some shots of her face :D

You can see where her wound is under her front leg
girl3.jpg

having a drink... she's in a temporary cage at the moment, so can't fit a bottle in - I have ordered her a new cage, which should arrive next week...
girl4.jpg

<sniff, sniff> "who's there?"
girl5.jpg

Thats disgusting. It doesnt say much about their adoption scheme does it!!:censored: .... but well done Faye, shes beautiful and in safe hands.:wave:

Back