• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Think Princess C is Getting Too Fat?

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
She seems to have chubbed up a bit and I know how she feels.... however I am concerned that she may need to go on a diet... however she is a real begger? And I don't know how to cope with this. Any ideas guys?

Best slim her down before she meets Chance, its so hard to diet one of a bonded pair.

Plus, Chance dosn't like fat birds :p

I had to put my two on a diet after i saw the vet when they had their last myxi jab :oops:

He said they weren't too bad but they could do with losing a bit!

They are going for myxi tomorrow, be interesting to see how much they've lost in the last 6 months!

I know what you mean tho, they always act like they are starving when i give them their pellets, makes me feel guilty! My mum came round to baby sit the other day and said to me when i got in "did you forget to feed the rabbits, they were starving so i fed them" :shock::roll:

Best slim her down before she meets Chance, its so hard to diet one of a bonded pair.

Plus, Chance dosn't like fat birds :p

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I am gonna try get her trimmed up before he comes..... she is a devil though as she is so inactive and nothing seems to motivate her to get shifting... she is just like her mum! :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I am gonna try get her trimmed up before he comes..... she is a devil though as she is so inactive and nothing seems to motivate her to get shifting... she is just like her mum! :roll:

:lol: What about a treatball hun? X

:lol::lol::lol: I know how you feel my trio are on a diet.....spurred on by Chloe's not so subtle comment of Nushka last time she was over....' Thats a FAT rabbit !!' :oops::oops: If its any consolation they seem to lose the weight pretty quick, mine have been on a diet for about a week and i can see it already :D

Watch out for anything everything else in your house though..... i no longer have a phone adapter, any magazines and my post is now rounded by the time i get home :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is gonna be one of those threads.

They do lose weight quickly, I tend to pop them on a hay & veggie diet for 4 weeks and then introduce minimal pellets.

No carrots, no fruit, no beans and NO TREATS.

get her up and down some stairs... alvin loves ours - stops half way along to munch wallpaper tho !!

I knw how you feel. I have a big monster. Every time he goes to the vet, the vet calls him 'big boy' and I always ask if he is too big and he says he is fine. I'm not sure if he needs to lose a few llbs. He is a real greedy man though. When they have their food he always nicks hers, then goes back to his once her bowl is empty. It has got to the point where i try and feed her separately to avoid him stealing hers. I have to put my hand in the gap to stop him trying to get through and he beats me up lol.

Back