• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why I hate testosterone!!!

susiemae

Mama Doe
Males:censored: Domino seems to have hit puberty overnight and has started weeing and spraying everywhere (he will be getting neutered as soon as poss). I put him outside in the run for an hour and brought Billy & Gizmo indoors, drew the blind but at some point Billy has got behind the blind, seen Domino and has gone completely nuts at Gizmo. Ive already accepted that Billy wont accept any other rabbits into his group but Im not intending bonding Domino with them. He will be separate, hopefully at some point with a wifey. What I want to ask is, will Billy ever settle knowing theres another rabbit in the garden? Ive already planned in my head Domino's run and that it will probably have to be part boarded down one or two sides so Billy cant see him. I know alot of peeps on here have several buns in separate runs etc - do they all accept the presence of each other eventually. Ive had to spray the area around Dominos run with a strong vinager solution to minimise the smell and hopefully calm Billy down. I do love him but he's just sooooooo grumpy:roll:

Bless him :lol: Not just the boys though, Rhia has started spraying (for no reason - Didnt even know girls could!) and has reverted into a piglet, making noises I doubt anybun has ever made before! Makes me laugh, she charges, then when she reaches me she just sits down and waits to be fussed :lol:

Scary thing is, Shes speyed!

well.... my own domino was the same lol

peanut butter and jelly were there first, domino is there baby. but he HATED his dad (haha) he was bonded with pebbles, and his dad was neutured and bonded with mom who was spayed etc etc, so i had 2 fixed pairs. but whenever the runs were near each other domino woudl turn on pebbled even thought peanut and jelly paid NO interest to him. i kept an eye out as he did only chase her, and after around a month it stopped and now i can push the runs up against each other and they say hello!

Back