• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Boost Just When it Was Very Much Needed :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This morning I woke up with that awful ' there is a never ending situation with Bunnies in need that I cant help' feeling :cry: Then I thought about poor Alysia again. Whatever became of that little Bunny :cry: :cry:

I then went to check my emails and found a lovely message from Christabel. Seems my efforts to be there for the Buns I can help have not gone unnoticed. I just needed a reminder that 'doing as much as I can' is still worthwhile even if I cant help everyBun.

What a lovely Vet we have :D

Janex

What you do is Amazin Jane, you bring a lot of happiness to a LOT of buns. You should feel proud of yourself as so should all the rescue/foster/fundraisers across the country.

m
xx

ps. Christabel and the Whole Team at the surgery are Amazin'. I take my hat off to them.

you are amazing Jane. I really don't know where you get the energy from to care for so many needy bunnies as you do. And its not just the bunnies you directly help but as said not long ago there are many bunnies including my own who may not be here today if it wasn't for your quick and excellent advice. xxx

I didnt post this to prompt any praise, but thank you. I was just very touched that Christabel picked up on my 'feeling downness' and sent me an encouraging message.

What I may do for Buns is only a fraction of what Rescues do day in day out. I honestly could never cope. Not only do you need to be strong physically but you need emotional strength too. I dont know how Rescues cope with all the :cry: situations they encounter as a result of :censored::censored: people. I would eventually just loose it and probably end up on the wrong side of the law....... again

Anyways, sorry if this came across as a 'look how wonderful I am' thread cos I am not. I just love Rabbits so much and get really :cry::cry: that I can only help a few

Sorry, I am rambling now.......:oops::oops:

Janex

Aw that was nice of her. It must be lovely to know she thinks you do such a good job, as I know how much respect you have for her.

aww jane thats lovely, its really nice to see your vet also cares about you and your work as well as all the lovely bunnies she helps you with... she sounds a very very nice lady :)

If only all vets were like her! It's so nice that you have that sort of relationship, a shoulder or an ear when you need it.

You deserve her message Jane and all the praise you ever get and more, you are amazing :D :wave:

Aww thats really sweet Jane. :D

I thought that Anita & Rob only sent me a christmas card because I sent them one and she told me yesterday that she saw the Next bunny cards and thought of me....then realised I had already sent her the same card to the surgery!

I thought that was quite sweet.

I know what feeling you mean, Jane, I have that feeling everytime I visit Bunnyhops - the neverending helplessness of rabbits and how Kay stays cheerful and smiling all the time I don't know... I guess we have to focus on the fact that we are all doing the best we can, some do more than others, but each rabbit helped is one less :)

And I'll never forget Alysia either :(

The whole of life can seem overwhelming sometimes. However, if it wasn't for people who were prepared to give their time and energy to doing something worthwhile be it animal welfare or charity work or volunteer work abroad what a poor world it would be. People who care inspire others to care too. I take my hat off to you all.

That is a very cheering story, Jane! :D I know just how you feel about getting so down sometimes and feeling like you aren't really making a difference. I am the same......every time I have adopted a bun, the overwhelming excitement and pleasure of doing so is always over-shadowed by feelings of intense guilt because I had to CHOOSE who to adopt.....I always feel like I have 'disappointed' or let down every other bunny there who gets left behind. :cry: :cry: :cry: I think of the thousands and thousands of bunnies who have been rescued, or who are still living in appalling conditions where rescue is just a distant dream.....and then I wonder what good I could have done by rescuing 1. :( Of course, when I eventually manage to snap myself out of this mode, I know EXACTLY how much it helps to rescue and adopt each and every one. But it is easy to lose sight of that when you are looking at the big picture. :(

You do an AMAZING job, Jane......you have helped not only SO many buns.....but you have helped countless other people, especially forum members, when they have been indecisive, stressed out, or frightened. I am VERY pleased that Christobel took the time and initiative to point it out to you and cheer you up. :D :D *hugs* xxx

Back