• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bif very low..missing bertie and bandit?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well there was two squishy poos quite big today and her poos are sowing down and theres also some weeny ones....shes been very very sleepy...and is quite low.
Shes bene watching the others and i think she maybe missing bertie and bandit.
do you think i should restrict a small area up this end of the lounge away from the epn and let her and bertie have some time together and then the next day have her and bandit?
Or shall i just soldier on and how do i keep her happy..shes geting pretty aggressive now. Her foots still too sore to exercise normally only on soft surfaces..if i was to let her spend time with bertie it would be on a duvet on the floor.

i fel so sorry for her right now bless her. but not as half as i do for the boys who are def missing her. even willow keeps saying hello but bifs not interested..mm wonder why!!:roll::lol:

:( no advice then?
am i really that bad a bunny mummmy:(

i have no intention of putting bif in with the buns..i was going to see if a few minutes with bertie or bandit on a duvet by the settee would help her perk up.

today and yesterday shes been doing two or three huge soft poos..the balls of soft poo its made up of is as big as a normal poo she does. shes pooing again tonight lots of it but shes very low..i have only given alittle food and loads of hay many times a day to tempt her to nibble it...but shes not eating much hay sadly and shes een hunched up in her litter tray more than sleeping laid out guess her tummy still hurts.
im going to ring the vets tomorrow and ask his advice.
thanks anyone who at least read this.

Do you have painkillers to give her and gut stimulant too? Or have you finished her courses of them? I would put her back with Bertie, and leave Bandit and Willow together. I wouldn't separate both from Willow as she might not accept them back, she sounds quite feisty! Being with Bertie might help Bif's recovery and might encourage her to eat more hay if she has competition for it! I hope she feels better soon :)

she had painkillers but treatments finished...i have been so exhausted and sleeping all over the place like some zombie but i will ring the vets tomorrow and see if i can ctch rob to ask him.
i let her have interaction with banit last night and she practically mauled him..she got into the pen and managed to have a go at willow too..i blocked it of even tighter and bought bertie out..she didnt attack him..she kinda nibbled and washed his bak butt bit but then ignored him and went off.
the pens been taken down and the bonded trio have full run of downstairs and ive put bifs cage against the wall where no bun can push behind it..
berties been sleeping alongside ehr and nosing in..as has bandit and even willow but then bertie goes off for a cuddle with lovely huge arm fuzzy frenchie doe willow and he forgets..willows a nut..much bigger than frenchie bertie and was zooming aorund for hours with the cats enjoying herself..wore the cats out..they cant keep up with her anymore..the games were fine when she was little but now they get squashed as she bounds over them in a race to get thro the door!:lol:

bifs very uiet and seems to have relaxed a bit..she now has her fave cuddly toy back along with a new one and shes sleeping with her chest up on them and sleeping well.

shes letting us stroke her more even through the bars..i dont know if its her being friendly or scared. or maybe her tummy meds as her being alone with tummy meds might be helping her too.

im just off back downstairs for feeding time for them all..and mopping up bandit wee...hes rying to scent mark with poos and wees.crafty devil..a little lionhead vying for top bun place with two massive ffenchies and two cats..brave boy!:lol:

i think having bertie free roaming and closer to her has helped..but i dont htink i could pen them off together..and he wouldnt even be able to get his bum inthrough the cage door!:lol: i think this may help..ill keep you posted.

hows your seprating going? ae the buns better off mentaly let let alone physically?

sorry to hear your having bonding problems :cry: really hope everything gets sorted, not very good with this advice sorry so some big bunny hugs insted xxxx

Aw, glad that Bandit's presence is seeming to help her :) She probably doesn't attack him because he is her 'proper' friend if that makes sense, having not been with the other two as long. Maybe you could pen them together so they can spend more time together if he won't fit in the cage? I'm not sure what their sleeping arrangements are. I can't trust mine if I'm not in the room with them! Is her tum getting better? Hope shes getting her appetite back too. (EDIT - just noticed you said you can't pen them together. Oops :oops: I need to read more closely!)
Its hard to say about my two. They are both eating fine, toileting etc. Bailey is being very destructive though. His litter tray is covered in bites, hes trying to destroy a box right now and his favourite thing is chewing his cage bars, even if the door is open! :roll: I think hes a bit lonely, but I spend as long as I can with him. Luuna seems ok too. Scared because of giving her medicine every day and she hates to be handled. Can tell shes feeling better though as she managed to get away from the baytril this morning :roll: :lol: Oh these bunnies *sighs* :? Plus Luuna wees everywhere when she is out. Clearly spaying/neutering doesn't get rid of all the territorial urges!
Hope your house isn't in as much chaos as mine right now, but you have double the bunnies that I do. Hope that doesn't mean double the chaos!
Sarah x

Last edited:
Back