• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing a new rabbit...

In August i got a rabbit, Miffy, and he lives outside in his hutch andplays in his run when its nice and plays in the house when the weather isnt the best...like now!! :roll:

My friend found a little rabbit(i've named Jasper) in the park the other week and called me and asked me if i wanted it.... i said i had no room, so he said he didnt either so he will have to let it go... :cry: He had been round allthe houses and no-one seemed to know who's it was...

So i told him to bring it round and i gave it a drink and some food and a box to sleep in over night and the next day took it to the RSPCA... that was last saturday...

I called up today and the RSPCA said that no-one has come in for him... now i feel really bad cos he was the sweetest thing... he (presuming he is a he for no apparent reason :oops:) was led sleeping on me whilei was watching the TV...

Anywho... how would i go about introducing Jasper to Miffy, or should i not...?

I'm going to buy a double hutch and get two runs to keep them seperate but if there is a chance that i can keep them together then i will...

Thanks in advance guys...:)

Shell, Miffy & maybe Jasper... x x

Both rabbits would need to be neutered for a successful bonding

Jasper has been done at the RSPCA but i am willing to get Miffy done if it means they can live together...

A friend at work said that rabbits can be terotorial (spelling?!) and if another rabbot comes into their personal space can become quite vicious... is this correct as Jasper is only tiny...

Also does it mater that they are different breeds... miffy is a floppy ear bunny and Jasper is a lionhead... :)

Thanks for your help... x x

Thanks alot... thats great...:D

One question tho... the pets at home lady told me that if i get two rabbits, they will both be less friendly to me, is this correct also?

x x

Thanks alot... thats great...:D

One question tho... the pets at home lady told me that if i get two rabbits, they will both be less friendly to me, is this correct also?

x x

They will want less attention from you becaus they use you to fulfill there instinctive need for company. In other words they wont approach you as often for nose rubs etc.

They wont get nasty or aggressive with you though.

Rabbits prefer the company of their own species, so they'll spend more time playing with the other rabbit but as long as you have a good relationship with the rabbit they'll still want attention from you.

I agree - Ant and Hoops have their special bunny relationship and spend many, many hours just lying there next to or looking at one another. But they still come running to us for fuss and food!! They can have the best of both worlds quite happily x

I found Flopsy no different once he was bonded with Jem - he is still as affectionate as ever, if not more. Its even better now when I got out to the hutch as I get 2 bunnies scrabbling for nose rubs instead of 1:D:D

I think its his way of telling me I done the right thing in getting him a wifey.:D and he loves us both.

Back