• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats everyone opinions... (bonding pairs/groups etc)

Pringle

Warren Veteran
On rabbit bonding... Do you think its better pairs? groups? etc? ive noticed a few people on here have groups and think they look so happy together. Whats everyones experience in groups? or do you feel pairs is better? if you have pairs is it boy/girl girl/girl, boy/boy and same with groups how many boys/girls etc.... so many questions but just interested :D:D xx

Last edited:
groups are lovely to watch and do have the advantage of the bunnies being able to have a large area..and if one dies you don't have a pining partner..
but....

sometimes they will naturally divide themselves into smaller groups/ pairs within the group..
it is also harder to spot if one isn't well..eating , pooing....or being bullied..

so you must know each of your rabbits very well to be able to notice bad signs straight away..

I prefer pairs or trios for these reasons :D

Thanks Jill, thats very true, id love to bond all mine together but would be concerned about poo'in/drinking etc, and think i would worry about pringle with teeth etc.... hmmm

i have 2 male/female pairs. sumtimes i want them in a group cus id love to see them all playing in a big run together.
but then tonight i went out to cover the buns up and domino and pebbles were lying side by side in the 'bedroom bit' of the hutch and they looked so squished lol (the main hutch is huge but the bedroom bit isnt tbh) but they looked SO cute together. i then went to peanut butter and jelly, and hed lying on his side sprawled out and shes grooming his head. it was adorable.

and i think while they are happy as two pairs, thats how they will stay.

also vet bills can be steep during group bonding if theres fights!

I prefer keeping my Buns in pairs. I could not adequately monitor the physical and psychological health of a large group of Bunnies and I am around the all day everyday!!
I have had a couple of larger groups in the past, one family of Mum, one son and two daughters, also 3 sisters and one unrelated Buck. But I did miss an illness in one Bun in the group and I dont think that would have happened if there were just two Buns together.
My Buns are bonded in Buck/Doe pairs, apart from 2 sets of Brothers.I did once manage to bond two unrelated Does but I have never attempted to bond unrelated Bucks

Janex

Thanks, i dont think id do it as im always worrying about pringle and his health so i know i wouldnt be able to monitor him and his pooing, its hard as it is with him just with sophie. Was planning on doing patch/benji and kizzy but not sure if it would work as two boys and female so think i will put kizzy with one of them and find another female :Dxx

Back