• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How much do your bunnies weigh?

louandjoe

Alpha Buck
Just weighed all mine - it wasn't the easiest feat in the household scales! :lol:

Millie - 2.55kg
Mavis - 2.44kg
Bella - 2.28kg
Mylo - 1.74kg
Mouse - 1.48

And Barney completely freaked out when we put on the scales so wasn't able to weigh him.

Ruffen, "dwarf" lop 2 1/2 years - 2185 g
Milla, "mini" rex only 4 months - 1390 g and still gaining

:D

4 weeks ago alvin weighed 2.25kg - im going to weigh him once all the changes have settled :)

pearl was weighed today as she had a health check before leaving hopper haven and weighed 2.8kg

The bun i'm Fostering for ARC is 5.92kg!! Im finding him VERY Diffucult to carry in the Carrier. Sooo Heavy!! Esp. when he starts jumping/moving around in it, i cant control carrier, swinging side to side. Eeek!

m
xx

The bun i'm Fostering for ARC is 5.92kg!! Im finding him VERY Diffucult to carry in the Carrier. Sooo Heavy!! Esp. when he starts jumping/moving around in it, i cant control carrier, swinging side to side. Eeek!

m
xx

:lol::lol: I'm like that when I take Moonshine and Flops to the vet, together they weigh over 5kg

Molly 3.6kg when weighed last week at the vets
Muffin - will have to try again tommorow as he was having a strop tonight

Sooty 2.5kg
Honey 2 kg
Rosie...not too sure possibly as little as 1kg she's tiny. Shes going to the vets tonight so she'll get weighed there.

m
xx

yeh Zola does that! he upsets the balance a lot when hes in there, i nearly drop it so many times!!!!

when he first came i picked him up and hadnt prepared myself for his weight and nearly fell over :oops:

Just weighed all mine - it wasn't the easiest feat in the household scales! :lol:

Millie - 2.55kg
Mavis - 2.44kg
Bella - 2.28kg
Mylo - 1.74kg
Mouse - 1.48

And Barney completely freaked out when we put on the scales so wasn't able to weigh him.

I find it easier to weigh them in the pet carrier then weigh the carrier on its own and deduct the weight to get the weight of the rabbit!

Back