• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poss getting a boy

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
At work today, a lad was advertising on our email board that he has a rabbit who he needs to rehome as he is moving to rented accom who won't let him have it.

Hes not sure of the age, as it was given to him by a friend who couldn't look after him a while ago...

now ive spoken to nick, and he said its ok to take him, but im wondering if anyone has any ideas how to tell if hes neutered (ie what his balls should look like) and also, if a vet can approx age him?

Hes a house rabbit, and i hope if i do decide to take him, once he is settled and vet check vacc etc, that I can bond him.

Hes not been into contact with any other animals, is it wise to vaccinate him before putting him into the same room as the girls?

x

Vet can check for balls and estimate his age.

If he is older than 4 months they should be there for you to see.
If he has been neutered, unless recently, they should be gone. Recently neutered plumbs look 'shrivelled' like a deflated balloon.

Do make sure HE is a HE though ;)

lol, yeah. i won't be putting him with my girls until hes done if he isn't done already but hes going to be in thier room in a cage...

I will check hes a he. he has a name of Ralph, which i mite change as me and nick want to give him a new lease... haha.

My two are vacc so if he is carrying HVD (heaven forbid of course) can it affect my two? they were vacc in oct x

Very slim chance, the VHD vaccine is quite effective.

I would quarantine him for two weeks anyway incase he is carrying something other than myxi or VHD.

I would worm them all too.

Back