• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greedy Grunter

Sarah86

Mama Doe
Does anyone else have a rabbit who acts posessed when there is food around?

Poppy is really enthusiastic about her food and will run over to her pellets or any treats grunting away- she makes me laugh :lol:

Bobbin excitedly grunts whilst he's eating.... first time I heard it I thought there was something really wrong :shock:

When I get the Timothy Hay out he circles it, buzzing frantically... sometimes I think he's going to mate with it! :lol:

My nethie goes beserk when there is food about. If I don't tip the pellets out quickly enough he will jump up and scratch and bite. He does the same with his veggies which is why I have to scatter the food.

My frenchie grunts like a little piggy when she eats - she's a real guzzler:lol:

On a morning I have to put the pellets down before I open the hutch because I get harassed and can barely move, they both run under my feet like a pair of nutters. They get really excited about the pure dried grass and come in to steal it :lol: If Charlie even thinks I have food in my hand he chases me.

My Mr Chambers grunts for his breakfast and then while Im trying to give him his bowl he literally snatches it out of my hand :shock: Poor Joey just sits and waits for Mr C to drop it :lol:

My Mr Chambers grunts for his breakfast and then while Im trying to give him his bowl he literally snatches it out of my hand :shock: Poor Joey just sits and waits for Mr C to drop it :lol:

Both our buns do this! It doesn't matter whether its bunny or human food they go nuts as they think everythings for them.
When we're eating dinner, they stare us out with big sad eyes, anyone would think we never feed them:roll:

My 2 have been getting greedier and greedier, they jump and almost attack for food I have been bitten albeit accidently a few times by Lionel desperate to get his food.
They even know where the food cupboard is and spend ages trying to get into it, I think I might get some child locks :lol:

My 5 go mental when they hear the pellets, they end up in a like whirlpool type thing, all going crazy and running around and into each other looking for the pellets :lol:

Bella attacks the hay bag when I'm topping her hay up as well, she really sticks her claws into it :lol:

Yep I've got two like that. I cant eat my own cereals in peace, and tonight Acorn decided that prawn crackers were his latest craze :rolleyes:

My 2 have been getting greedier and greedier, they jump and almost attack for food I have been bitten albeit accidently a few times by Lionel desperate to get his food.
They even know where the food cupboard is and spend ages trying to get into it, I think I might get some child locks :lol:

Charlie follows me down to the food cupboard, Poppy won't cross the big bad slippery flooring to do the same.

Back