• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How well litter trianed is your house rabbit?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Just out of nosiness :D how good is your houserabbit at using their litter tray? Do they ever have accidents?

Just interested to know because Sorrel is usually pretty good but sometimes she seem to forget for a few hours then remember again, its weird.

My two always get it in they cage, but not always the litter tray, have a habit of hanging their bum over the edge so it goes out the cage onto the carpet!! But i'd say in general they are good.

Charlie just demonstrated his perfect use by sitting in it to do a poop whilst I was refilling it with megazorb, I could put it anywhere and he'd use it, I once put it on the top of the hutch (empty) whilst I was cleaning them out and he went up and used it :lol:. Poppy is almost there but has a few stray poops in her hutch.

Lexie is a little star.

She always wee's in her tray, in her house and in the living room one. Never had an accident.

She occasionally misses with a poo but thats when she jumps out of the tray mid-toilet and kind of flicks it about. They are never more than a meter from the tray.

She did do a few territorial droppings when Mav first moved in but we popped her litter tray next to his cage and she has been fine.

Mav is a little tougher. He is totally urine trained but poops where he fancies, soemtimes in the tray but mostly elsewhere.

Ruffen (neutered) only had a cupple of poos outside the litter tray when alone, but after milla moved in they're not that good. We have to sweep the floor several times a day, and somtimes clean up wee. I'm really looking forward to her spay :rolleyes:

Just out of nosiness :D how good is your houserabbit at using their litter tray? Do they ever have accidents?

Just interested to know because Sorrel is usually pretty good but sometimes she seem to forget for a few hours then remember again, its weird.

Absolutley no accidents anymore, not even a little poop!

Darcy and Beatrix are excellent. Just the odd stray pebble poop. Beatrix was bad at first but learnt good habbits from Darcy.

Frasier is a nightmare!! He poops everywhere but he will also use his litter tray to pee and poop in. He still does territorial pees. I hoping the shower effect poops is just a bonding-territorial phase he's going thru!!:lol: Annie is excellent just the odd stray poop. :D

Zakura used to be very good at using her litter box in the cage but when she came out she didn't bother going back in just to poop:roll:
She tended to leave it on the bed or under the couch. When I made her an indoor run however she went in her litter box every time (a few accidents happen, but that can happen to anyone, Wet stuff always went in the litter box):D
Sasuke uses the litter box in his cage...and won't leave his cage unless I carry him out:roll: So it's a bit hard to say if he's litter trained or not:lol: since he stays in there all day anyway:shock:

alvin is great (dunno how itll be with two buns now tho :?) i have noticed the odd poop under the sofa but mostly its in his tray, and mostly the tray in the living room i dont think hes keen on the one in his cage :roll:

Wispa has only had one accident and that was my fault :roll:

Both never wee out of their crate and Wispa always gets in in the tray, Zola on the other hand will kick the litter out of his tray which gets the wee smell onto the pet fleece and then wee on the floor of the crate!

Poo mostly goes in the trays but i am there every hour or so picking up poo and putting it in their trays. They both poo near the mesh seperting them so i guess its terrotorial. i confused Zola by putting Wispas poo in his tray!

Cant wait until Zola has the chop tomorow

Bobbin has never weed anywhere other than his tray.

He is successfully litter trained and only poos on the floor when he's excited! :oops:

Recently he started to poo all over his vetbed... I removed it and he went back to using his tray. I suspect he either hated the vetbed and was trying to tell me so, or he really like the softness of it and it tickled his tackle!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Our buns does all the peeing in the litter trays, but the pooing is a little harder do get in the trays all the time it seems. They at least only do their business in their room, and never elsewhere, so we can deal with a bit of messiness.

Little Domino has been pretty good with his litter trays. He has two, one in his cage and one in the kitchen where he has 24hr access. He does all his wees in the trays but when Gizmo and Billy are in the lounge, he seems to know and he does alot of territorial poos. He is still unneutered and only a youngster so he does pretty well.

Molly is very good :D Never does any little pebbles, although sometimes does an odd poo in his bed.

Faline however... She is good for wee's, though will poo and on occassion wee by the side of the tray. Lately though she's developed this annoying habit of pooing all around Pepe's litter tray and little dotty wee's. Luckily there is a matt down. :roll: I have to put the washing basket in front of it to stop her.

All mine are okay but Fizz sometimes wee's on the kitchen floor :roll: I dont know why she does it but well she does.

Daisy only wees in her tray. When in her cage Fidget only wees in her tray but sometimes she'll wee on my bed, I think it's because it smells of me and she's like "you're mine" :lol::lol::lol:.

Lily is a star!

She was a bit messy after her spey but that was because the collar made it hard for her to eat her cetropes.

She has one litter tray in the hallyway and she runs around the house but always disappears to the hallway if she needs the potty. :D

She's a gem :love:

Pierre and Kyi are very good but Enya will occasional sit in the litter tray, getting OUT of it to wee by the door..then she will hop back into the litter tray. if you tell her off or shoo her away from a bag of shopping your trying to unpack she will glare at you, and promptly wee in the middle of the floor:?

Once he'd got past the 'marking his territory' stage (which was mostly poo-ing and only twice wee-ing outside his litter tray), Muppet has been brilliant :angel:

Sometimes I take him upstairs for a run-around (it's carpeted, unlike downstairs) and he always waits to come back down to his litter tray (or I'll take it up if he's going to be long). He's just as good on car journeys (which can be four hours and he hates being in the car), though he will go if it's too long which is fair enough.

Back