• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Vaccination Amnesty- Is Your Vet Taking Part?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
In 2008 Intervet are running a vaccination amnesty. This means clients who take their Pet for a vaccination can claim a coupon to get the booster done *for free* So for the Myxi Vac you'd pay for the one given in, say, March and the one given in September would be free :D

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cach...vaccination+ammnesty&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=uk

Ask you Vet to register for the scheme if they have not done so already. I will be having my 42 Buns Myxi vac'd in March and will then get 42 freebies :D

Janex

Last edited:
Quote from link
Only owners whose pets were vaccinated more than 18 months ago should receive an
invitation to join the amnesty. Theoretically, all owners meeting this criterion should be
included; however, experience suggests that only a few of those whose pets were vaccinated
more than 36 months ago will respond. The ideal “window” is therefore 18-36 months since
the last vaccination. Ensure your database is clean before sending out any letters.

No good to me - I'm up to date with mine :?

Mike

But Jane's are up to date, as well. Maybe it depends on what the individual vet decides? My trio need their Myxi jabs this month, I'll definitely ask for those coupons.

Quote from link
Only owners whose pets were vaccinated more than 18 months ago should receive an
invitation to join the amnesty. Theoretically, all owners meeting this criterion should be
included; however, experience suggests that only a few of those whose pets were vaccinated
more than 36 months ago will respond. The ideal “window” is therefore 18-36 months since
the last vaccination. Ensure your database is clean before sending out any letters.

No good to me - I'm up to date with mine :?

Mike

Hmmmm, thought it sounded too good to be true. I will re-check with Christobel

Janex

Also says "How does an amnesty work?The Vaccination Amnesty contains a direct financial incentive to get a pet’s vaccination status back up to date, by offering a complete primary course of vaccination for the price of a single booster. If this offer is communicated in an informed and non-threatening way to those owners whose pet’s vaccinations have lapsed, a significant number will return to their vet and renew their relationship with the Practice"

There's no point them aiming it at people who keep up to date really - at the end of the day they're a company trying to make money and this is a 'gimmick' offer to do such - they're trying to get potential customers who may not otherwise pay for the vaccinations

If the "gimmick" means that previously unvaccinated buns are given the vaccinations, I'm all for it.

Just got back from dropping Chance off at Broomhill, they have a sticker for this up on their door.

Im going to ask about dropping some RWA leaflets in for them to give out ;)

Spotted the Rabbit Week poster in my vets last night so I've booked in 6 buns for dental checks. Hopefully they'll get a proper MOT for free.:) I'll ask about this one too.

Is the rabbit week website working yet? I want to 'gently encourage' my vets to take part :lol:

The amusement factor of seing me turn up with 25 rabbits should do it!

If the "gimmick" means that previously unvaccinated buns are given the vaccinations, I'm all for it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing but profit motivates lots of companies to do "nice" things - if they can get that profit without giving away freebies, they'll usually do so, hence the amnesty only being aimed at those that probably wouldn't vaccinate if they had to pay the full price.
I wonder if rabbits that aren't currently registered at the vets will count too, or if they'll limit it to those that were registered at least 18 months ago too

Back