• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny isn't drinking...?

Viv

New Kit
I am new and have another queation. Our bunny does not seem to drink from his water bottle. He may drink a tiny bit but we never see him and the water does not go down in the bottle. He urinates fine, and eats a good variety of veggies every AM and PM, plus his Timothy hay and pellets. He doesn't seem to have any problems but it worries us that we do not see him drink. Is it possible that he drinks at night, only? If he does it sure isn't much because the water line never moves! We always hear how important it is for him to drink, but he is healthy looking, with bright eyes, shiny coat and like I said the wee is fine.... ?

I am new and have another queation. Our bunny does not seem to drink from his water bottle. He may drink a tiny bit but we never see him and the water does not go down in the bottle. He urinates fine, and eats a good variety of veggies every AM and PM, plus his Timothy hay and pellets. He doesn't seem to have any problems but it worries us that we do not see him drink. Is it possible that he drinks at night, only? If he does it sure isn't much because the water line never moves! We always hear how important it is for him to drink, but he is healthy looking, with bright eyes, shiny coat and like I said the wee is fine.... ?

You could try using a water bowl for him aswell as a bottle. Some Rabbits will drink much more from a bowl.
Rabbits who have a variety of Veg every day drink less as they obtain some fluids from the water content of the Veg.

Janex

Back