• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this normal?

JoLB

Warren Scout
When I'm giving Barney a cuddle, he buries his head....I've included a pic so you can see what I mean. Is this normal? Is he scared? He seems relaxed etc but not sure why he does it!

DSC00158.jpg

Last edited:
Nibbles does that! I'm not quite sure why though. Maybe its reminds em of when they were babies and suckling?? Cats do it when they "soften" something up to sleep on. Nibbles always burys herself in my arms or hands when I'm holding her

Some of my Buns do that when being carried. Being picked up is not a 'natural' thing for a Bun and some seem to feel more secure if the bury their head into you.

Janex

My Simba always does that when we have cuddles and he will sit there for ages doing it, whilst being very calm and purring:D

I think it means they're a little bit uncomfortable, my bunny always do this when we're at the vet.

He doesn't bury his head when I'm standing up with him....he just sits there getting stroked! I feel bad - he always wants a cuddle when I have to go to work or bed!
Funny rabbit!

have u got a pic becca? I'd never seen a rabbit like this till I got Barney! (I've had other animals but not rabbits)

Bunnie does that even when were laying on floor cuddling she puts her chin on the floor and pushes her head right into your face, she stays theres for half an hour whilst having rubs and only liftsup head to give us kisses!

have u got a pic becca? I'd never seen a rabbit like this till I got Barney! (I've had other animals but not rabbits)
I don,t at the moment but i must get one and show you:shock::shock:They are the double of one another.

Sorrel somteims buries her head when she's annoyed with me eg if I've been cleaning her wound against her will.. But then she sometimes does it for no reason and just sits there enjoying her cuddle and purring. :roll:

Fidget does it when she's having a cuddle, shoves her face into the crook of my elbow. She never seems uncomfortable when she does though. I don't think Daisy has ever done it though.

Back