• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dilemma help (keeping as a house bunny help)

sazixd

Warren Scout
i got a phone call from my uncle tonight about his gfs pet rabbit.he wants me to rehome him because they only have a cage and it never gets out because noones ever home.
i have 2 rabbits of my own biffy and benny who live outside in a hutch/run combo 6x4 with 2 hutches which i plan on extending.
i have 4 problems -
1 the rabbit is an unneutered male and i havent gotten biffy neutered yet because she was too young at the time benny was done .
2 i dont think the hutch run is big enough for the 3 of them because im told the rabbit is way bigger than my two are(i havent really seen the rabbit before)
3 because he has been indoors he wont have a winter coat to live outside either
4-and finally i dont know what to keep him in and how to let him run around as i have cats.
please someone help me out i dont know what to do.i wish i could say no but im scared where hel end up if i dont.

Last edited:
Is having a housebun a possibility for you?? I have a giant Conti in the house. she is free range and we just lock her in the kitchen when we are not home or on a night etc. a lot of people who have housebuns use dog crates as a indoor hutch...sorry not much help

i was thinking about that till the summer but its the cats i have the problem with. Even then i could let him run around for a few hours while shutting the cats out .thanks for the idea every little helps:love:

I have 2 cats and have 3 house buns - all 3 get plenty excerise, they have the run of my room when im in (with the door shut so cats cant get in!
I also put them in our dinin room/kitchen (cos its all joined) and just make sure the door is shut so cats cant get in! its manageable! :) even if its just till the warmer weather

Can you keep the rabbit in one room and the cats in another, my parents cats didn't bother my rabbits and they were fine running around together but I wouldn't trust them unsupervised. Plenty of people on here have both cats and rabbits.

well im hoping because the rabbit willl be just as big as my cats thats they wont bother him. iv managed to teach my cats to live with my rats and apart from new baby rats i get i dont have a problem with any of them attacking each other as long as im there to supervise .im sure it could work for a few months if my parents are ok with the idea and it would give me time to get both him and biffy neutered aswell:)

i only have my room so keeping them in seperate rooms isnt an option because the cats are all mine aswell and they all sleep on my bed at night all 7 of them:oops:

I have 2 frenchies who live indoors and 4 cats. To be honest my cats completely ignore them, if the rabbits bother them too much they just leave. They've never shown any interest in them. I do have very chilled cats though and the bunnies are as big as they are.

my cats run away from my rabbits - even Nettle who is loads smaller than them so that might happen with yours as well.

my two older brother cats are big wimps aswell :lol: but i wouldnt trust the younger 5 especially the youngest they can be right little :censored: sometimes:roll:

i asked my mum about keeping him as a house rabbit until the warmer comes in and explained about him not having a winter coat so i dont want him outside yet.
mum was at my uncles today and said he is massive and is only in a tiny wee cage poor wee thing ,
can anyone help out what to get him to live inside

Back