• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At what point do you quit trying to bond? Update :0(

Julia123

Warren Veteran
I'm all of a quandry... bonding Speedy into my group is not going well. Nushka HATES him, whenever i get him out she goes for him in a really bad way, not fur pulling but bites and grunts, she even crawled up my lap just now to have another go at him whle i was checking him over.... opinions please...:(

Last edited:
I'm afraid I have giving up already :oops: due to accomodation problems and me being a big wimp!!!

I am hopefully going to take up someones kind offer of bonding them for me!

good luck!

I'm not a expert, but as long as no blood is drawn you should keep them together. Nips, biting, fur pulling, chasing, humping, they are all apart of the bonding process. It is scary to watch sometimes i agree and very upsetting, but you have to go through this process to get to the other end.

If you search for bonding reply/topic's from Janice from ARC, they will be VERY Helpfull as she has some super tips!

m
xx

Is there anyone that could try the bonding for you, away from your home and away from you?
Its been a long time now hasn't it since you started the bond?

I lasted 8 days with my attempted group bond. It became obvious that neither Moonshine or Dudley were going to back down. Stubborn little monkeys!

How long have you been bonding them for?

I would seriously think about somewhere neutral like chloes and probably for more than a few days. It is very noticable the difference in mines behavior in areas that they thought of as "theirs". Even though they are bonded. It is like everytime they are introduced to a new room they have to go through it all over again.

You could also perhaps try daisy and speedy together in the crete as a stop gap. Then once the babies have gone, introduce gabe and nush in the conservatory (which will smell really different after the babies have all been peeing everywhere).

Aww hun, sorry to hear that you're getting disheartened :cry: Don't know what advice to offer, except for a willing ear to listen! You know where I am! x

I would say take Speedy and Nushka away from the others..and put them in a small indoor cage..lots of veg and big pile of hay..obvioulsy keep an eye on them..but resist the urge to pick out and cuddle either..unless a big fight..if Nush starts chasing /nipping..clap your hands or makes a sudden loud ssssshhhhtttt noise..it ususlally works..
leave them together for at least 2 weeks...and then bond them as a pair into the others..
Good Luck!:D

Thanks for the replys guys, Chloe is going to come over :D but I have dreaded coldy fluey lurgy at mo so will need to wait till next week. Meanwhile I think I might try Nush & Speedy in bathroom. Its so hard when you have feerangers to find somewhere neutral.

I decided not to take them out of the house and bond as like Lucy says as soon as they come back I'll have to do it all again.

I shut Nush in Speedys crate last night for an hour while he had a run round so she could get used to his smells, don't know if that was the wrong thing :?

I'm a complete wuss when it comes to fighting..... have been hoping they would get used to him by him being in his crate in their area :?

I tend to keep hold of Speedy and when the others come to bite him I push them away with my oven glove....:?

I'm going about it all wrong aren't I....????

Here's an update..... after seeing Abi's bonding going so well I tried mine again tonight.....not good, Gabriel & Nushka were both going for Speedy while Daisy sat in the middle. I took Nush out as I couldn't control the 2 off them at him, but Gabe kept on eventually some bun screamed so I got Speedy out, I've checked all buns and can't see any damage but I now have 4 very unhappy buns :cry::cry::cry: I beginning to think its not fair of me to keep Speedy, he's such a beautiful gentle boy, he just doesn't stand a chance with my lot :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Could you not put them between mesh for a couple of weeks to help them settle with each other.

Rick

Speedy had been in his dog crate for the last 3 weeks in my living room, I swapped buns round so Speedy can run round living room & Stairs & bedroom to scent it and even let my 3 in his crate when he's been upstairs to try and get them used to the smells....they had a date in the bath on Tues and it wasn't as bad as tonight :?:?

Speedy had been in his dog crate for the last 3 weeks in my living room, I swapped buns round so Speedy can run round living room & Stairs & bedroom to scent it and even let my 3 in his crate when he's been upstairs to try and get them used to the smells....they had a date in the bath on Tues and it wasn't as bad as tonight :?:?

But don't forget that the bath is much more neutral than your sitting room for example. I really think that your best bet is completely neutral space like chloe, abi or mine. I would be very happy to loan bathroom and car space.

But don't forget that the bath is much more neutral than your sitting room for example. I really think that your best bet is completely neutral space like chloe, abi or mine. I would be very happy to loan bathroom and car space.

They were in the bath again tonight, thanks for the offers hun, I think maybe after the rotten weekend I've had they may have sensed my anxiety..... would welcome some support for next time tho.....
I'll buy pizza :D

Definitely up for giving moral support :D paricularly if there's pizza involved!! Made SO MUCH difference to me on Friday to have bunny people around when I threw mine in together. Agree with what you said about bunnies picking up on your emotions ... I honestly believe that they do. Keep your chin up hun x

YAY pizza fest in the bathroom, if anyone needs a number 2 you will have to move those pizza boxes rather quickly! :shock:

Back