• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed are my girls?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi
I still can't seem to get their breed right. Sometimes people say they are mini rexes and some say they are rexes. I just don't know. Can someone help, please?

2kg each
6 months old

81fqerl.jpg

89se8ac.jpg

^Size against a 2ft panel

Well you can only get Dalmation in Mini Rex and a Standard rex weigh 8lb and yours only weigh 4lb. So they're most definately, 100% mini rex.

Sure? Dalmatian standard rexes are very common in Norway:lol: My school has four of them (one breeding pair and their son and daughter)
Also in my eyes they've got too much color to be considered dalmatians...but now I'm not familiar with the British standards so it could be different.

But yeah, size-wise they sound like mini-rexes too me. ;)

Their ears look too large to me to be Mini, but its obviously hard to tell from pics.
I too had Dalmation Standard Rexes:wave:

At 2kg each I would be inclined to say mini as buns tend to stop growing at that age and so I don't think they'll get much bigger. Zion is a mini-rex and he is about 2.5kg. Fia is a cross between a mini and standard but she is slim girl.

Does it matter what breed they are? Gorgeous rexes - that's all that matters ;)

I know two different people who currently have Standard Dalmatian Rexes - one of whom is my daughter! - and I used to have one myself a few years ago. I'm not sure which yours are.....but they SURE are gorgeous!!!!!:D :D :D

Last edited:
Well you can only get Dalmation in Mini Rex and a Standard rex weigh 8lb and yours only weigh 4lb. So they're most definately, 100% mini rex.

Oops Sorry must have been having a mad 5 mins yesterday :oops: :oops: Dalmation Rexs only come in Standard, but you can get Charlie Mini Rex which is probably what yours are and why they have slightly more colour on them.

Size wise definately Mini Rex though.

Sorry for the confusion :oops: :oops:

Oops Sorry must have been having a mad 5 mins yesterday :oops: :oops: Dalmation Rexs only come in Standard, but you can get Charlie Mini Rex which is probably what yours are and why they have slightly more colour on them.

Size wise definately Mini Rex though.

Sorry for the confusion :oops: :oops:

What's Charlie Mini Rex?

Well, I have identified them and can definately say that they are some kind of Rex! :lol::lol::lol:

Back