• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not drinking.

flowergirls

Warren Scout
Blackberry has hardly drunk anything in the past 2.5 weeks since we got her. She eats well, looks well-but is hardly drinking water- unlike my 3 outdoor bunnies who drink alot. She has a bottle- it works fine- and she can drink from the cats bowl if she wants- but I never see her drink- and her bottle is always permanently full. The odd tiny wee she has done on the floor does look very concentrated but I'm not sure what colour 'normal' bunny wee is. Any input gratefully received...

I would get her her own water bowl, as she may prefer to drink from the bowl, but be a little timid around the cat.
People have suggested a drop of qpple juice (pure) in the water to encourage drinking.
Other than that, I don't know why she may not be drinking.

You could try putting a bit of grated/pureed apple in it, I do it to mine when they aren't drinking much, you don't need to put much in. They only get the same quantity of apple as they usually do as a treat. The remaining apple can be pureed with a little water and frozen. The other thing is to give her warm water that has been boiled.

I give my bunnies a bowl of fresh water morning and evening, with a good splash of boiling from the kettle to warm it - they love it warm in this weather but don't use hot tap water as it contains bacteria - use the kettle.

thanks for input. I will try the apple.
Her own water bowl's a good idea but timid of the cat she most certainly is not! She usually tries to mount him (spay next week hopefully) and he runs a mile when he sees her.
Sooz- she hasnt had a teeth check yet- but next week when she goes for spay they will give her a thorough health check. Could it be that? She's young (7 months approx).

Back