• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new bunny?

No I haven't got one yet, but I was talking to my Mum last night and she is certainly coming round to the idea of me getting another one so Barley isn't so lonely! I know I'm 30 I live with my parents at the moment so I have to take into concideration their thoughts on the matter - and if I'm honest I really don't mind living there at the moment!

As a bit of background I got Dolly from a RSPCA branch and bonding failed (Dolly was injured and I didn't want to risk it again - and I'm still scared of the idea!)

I would only look at getting a rescue one and preferably one around Barley's age (he's about 5). But had a couple of questions I hoped you knowledable people could help me answer:

1 - Do you think after 5 years of living alone Barley would dond with another rabbit?

2 - Is it cruel to keep 2 rabbits separately but side by side as I did will Dolly and Barley?

If the answers to the above and "no" and "yes", I think getting another rabbit is something of out of the question!

I'm buzzing with questions and thoughts at the moment but I'll leave it at that for now.

Thank you so much for you time and listening.

Hannah x

I think he would bond and that it would be nice for him too have a freind but consider that if they dont bond you will have 2 seperates.

Rick

I think he would bond and that it would be nice for him too have a freind but consider that if they dont bond you will have 2 seperates.

Rick

Thanks for the opinion.

If I'm honest I would prefer a rescue to do the bonding for me (but I know my local one doesn't offer that - or at least they didn't last time I spoke to them), also I know it's a bit of a cheeky ask - I don't want to sound like I'm taking the easy option I'm just not confident to do it myself!

Hannah

If tou could leave them between mesh for a couple of weeks so they can go nose to nose without getting at each other that really helps the bonding,mine even groomed through the mesh it was really easy that way.

Rick

Hannah pm me your postcode..I'll check out multimap..and see when i'm near to you on my various journeys..(I go all over the place regularly!)

I can give you a list on who is ready and suitable and you can shortlist them in order of preference:D..(the 3 little dutch girlies are being speyed very soon!..although i realise you may want an older girl))

I got an email this morning from my Mum and she asked if I was any closer to finding a friend for Barley :lol:

He's booked in a the vets on Saturday for his VHD jab and will have a check up then as well... I hope he'll get a clean bill of health!

Hannah

Back