• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please wish him luck, im so worried :-(

vikkia1234

Warren Scout
Guinness is having is castration today, im so so worried about him i feel so guilty. He was so happy running around binkying this morning and now he gonna hate me :cry::cry:

Try not to worry! He won't hate you! I've only experience this once (with Barley) but he was just fine and recovered really quickly & just enjoyed all the extra attention he was getting.

:D

Hannah

I won't bother to tell you not to worry, because when my buns are having ops I worry SOOOOOO much! :cry: But he definately WON'T hate you afterwards.......just give him loads of cuddles and pamper him, and he will be right as rain in no time!:D They really DO recover from it very quickly.

Sending MASSES of vibes to Guinnness, and non-worrying vibes to you!

Update on castration!

Guinness is ok, they said that there is a blood vessel that is oozing puss a bit so they are keeping him in a bit longer for observation. Has anyone else had this problem with the castration?? I feel so sorry for him

Hey, When my man was done, he had an issue with the wound didn't heal as quickly as it should and all was very swollen and hard down there,, but he was ok in the end, and he was much better for it as it calmed him down no end. I am sure all will be well.

Hey, When my man was done, he had an issue with the wound didn't heal as quickly as it should and all was very swollen and hard down there,, but he was ok in the end, and he was much better for it as it calmed him down no end. I am sure all will be well.

Did you have to bathe his wound at all? Im worried because Guinness hates being picked up and if he struggles he could end up doing more damage to himself. :(

you dont usally have to bathe the wounds unless they get infectioned! my bun was a bit huffed with me when i collected him so i just popped him in his hutch and put towels over to make it dark so he cud rest .. and the next day the git managed to jump out of his hutch and was binkyin all over :lol:

My boys all bounced back from their op's very quickly, but I did worry, so know what you're feeling. As for the hating thing, he won't I'm sure, it's all for his own good and it's such a short amount of discomfort proportionately. I am currently being punished (again) by Flynn, that's twice in almost as many weeks, as I had to subject him to pet carrier and car this morning for his jabs. He can sulk for England, but I do know he will forgive me, when I am the hand that feeds him..............a small slice of pear.:lol:

The vessel is oozing pus and he was castrated today? So its nothing to do with the op or the healing process.

Where is it located?

The vessel is oozing pus and he was castrated today? So its nothing to do with the op or the healing process.

Where is it located?

Im not to sure to be honest, i had a call from them after the op saying that he was ok, but there is a blood vessell that is oozing so they are keeping him in longer for oberservation??

Just had another call from the vets, he is absolutely fine and its stopped oozing! I can go and collect him at 4! yay! :D

Back