• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing Procleece (or Vet Bed)

Hi,

How often do you people wash your Profleece (or Vetbed?).

I've recently started using a piece of it in Barley's shed! It's quite a large piece (just under 4ft x just over 2ft). As you can imagine it's pretty much full capacity in the washing machine (and everytime I wash it I'm worried that I'll either break the machine or clog the filter up with the fluff - I know it should be washed in a pillow case - or because of it's size a duvet cover but then I think it wouldn't fit in the machine at all :lol:).

Anyhow I was wondering how often you would reccommend washing it? Barley is litter trained and never toilets on it, but it is the first thing he treads on when he comes in from the run! I give it a good shake (and checking it doesn't small) every few days but haven't been washing it all that often :oops:!

Hannah

For those that a Bun does not wee or poo on I wash them once a week. In between times I 'groom' them using a nail-scrubbing brush!! :lol:

The majority of my Buns have to mark their Vetbed with wee at least once so it has to be changed every day :rolleyes:
I have a lot of Vetbed and a very tired washing machine :lol:

Janex :wave:

Sorry I'm not dedicated enough for a nail brush, but it's amazing what a good old shake can get out of it! I need one of those things they used to use to bash rugs with in the days before vacuum cleaners :lol:

Barley's been very good in not "marking" the profleece as his teratory (you just know I'm speaking too soon!).

Thanks

Hannah

Back