• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuffle buns under ga?

It depends on so many factors:

age of the bun
if the infection is active, if so how active
if the rabbit is underweight
if there is any scarring on the lungs or congestion in the chest
how damaged the immune system is
if the rabbit is on antibiotics
the length of time the rabbit needs to be under
the surgery being performed

Theres a whole lot more.

The only person that can really tell you is the vet who has been treating the rabbit to date.

Hi Becki

My snuffle bun Smokey has been under GA quite a few times when she's been suffering from lung congestion. My vet is really good at putting poorly buns under GA and says the risks are minimal nowadays.

Don't know how a snuffle bun with problems breathing through the nose would cope because I don't have any experience with this.

What's the GA for?

Amy

It depends on so many factors:

age of the bun
if the infection is active, if so how active
if the rabbit is underweight
if there is any scarring on the lungs or congestion in the chest
how damaged the immune system is
if the rabbit is on antibiotics
the length of time the rabbit needs to be under
the surgery being performed

Theres a whole lot more.

The only person that can really tell you is the vet who has been treating the rabbit to date.

Thanks for replies Guys! Just to answer your Q's Sooz....We dont know her age, definately at least 3 y/old & shes always been a bit underweight, Not too bad atm imo. As far as we know pretty sure its not on her chest, its def upper respiritary. She is on abx & I don't know how long she'd have to be under - Not long I dont think 'cos she doesnt actually need surgery. Its not that I dont trust my vet, shes ace - just needed some more opinions, Thanks :) X

Back