• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this be ok?

Fran

Warren Veteran
Well someone emailed me yesterday who's interested in Tilly, she's got a neutered male to bond her with and they'd have the run of the garden all day and get shut in the hutch at night. The hutch is 4 foot though, do you think that would be ok? I so want her to have the best home now because of her past and it's breaking my heart knowing I can't keep her after all, I knew she was going always going to be a foster but she's so special :love: Thank you xx

Run of the garden all day sounds fantastic but is it fully fox proof?If so a 4ft hutch at night i think would be fine if they are in the garden all day/everyday:D

I would want to check out the garden :D I think buns are only really safe in a garden if they are being supervised all the time :D x

Also im not too sure about the 4ft hutch though. Buu had a 4ft hutch but it was always open in a large run so she wasnt shut in. It looked tiny with her sitting in it though, but she is a big bunny x

Even though they are out all day being shut in at night is still going to be about 8 hours at the least really isnt it.

Last edited:
A four foot hutch is too small for a pair of rabbits..even at night..rabbits do not sleep all night and can be very lively..so it would be a long time to be shut in a small space.

free run is great..IF no foxes about...

There's not much space to move about in a 4' hutch... once a bit is divided off for bedroom/litter area the space left isnt much more than the size of two rabbits. I know this because until recently each of mine was in a 4' hutch but i wasnt happy with it so I got bigger ones.

Its too small. They can't go out in all weather so at times they may be confined for 48 hour periods or more.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the space in a 4' hutch either, will give some links to bigger hutches. Thanks guys xx

Mine are free range all day everyday, any weather, garden is secure and I have a dog and cats everywhere to put foxes off and they are only out dawn til dusk.

The hutch is def too small as they would still be locked in there for anything between 9 to 16 hours a night depending on time of year.

Mine have a double story 5 ft hutch and I would have a much bigger one if they weren't free as much as they are.

Hopefully they can get a larger hutch? Maybe an attachable run too for when they are not about?

Back