• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit toys

JoLB

Warren Scout
Hi, I'm new here!

I have looked around for a topic like this but keep getting side tracked by all the other topics!

I have a lone house rabbit....never had one before him. If I had known then what I know now, I'd have got him a friend. I know he could still be bonded but I don't really want another rabbit (well, I would, but husband has said no!).

Anyway my question is: can you recommend some good toys for him? So far he has a rattle, ball and tube things to run through (all p@h I'm afraid) but there must be better ones to keep him occupied?

Thanks!
(Here's Barney!)

DSC00243-1.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

:wave:

You can get lots of bunny toys from here :D

http://www.pamperedpiggies.co.uk/page.asp?module=shopCategories&clientID=11

Mine love playing with pretty much anything :lol: Anything they can chew on and throw about.

Or you can make things at home :D Mine love digging for their food in big cardboard boxes filled with hay :D And I chop up bits of carrot and wrap it in newspaper so they have to unwrap it to get to the carrot :lol: There are loads of things you can do. You can get treat balls from most pet shops and feed his pellets in that, so he has to work out how to get the food out :D

Barney is lovely! x

:wave:welcome to the forum!
Barney is lovely!

Good bunny toys are willow balls, willow sticks, the cheese block things (I can;t remember what they call them but they are triangular with a hole in). Jingle bells. Anything they can gnaw at or throw about:lol:
In the FAQ section of the website there are some ideas for "homemade" toys - loo roll inners are brill to put hay in and hide a pellet or two.

Anything to make them forage for their food is a great game for bunnies. You can also get treat balls which can be in the shape of a ball or a weeble which you can put pellets in, that will keep bunny occupied for a bit:D
I sometimes pop into charity shops and see what there is in the baby toy section - my two love baby's keys and rings - the strong plastic type. (Obviously I disinfect them when I get home).
Hope that gives you some inspiration!

Alvin likes the cardborad drinks holders from macdonalds.... he never seems to play with toys but the cardboard gets shredded up :)

squidgy loves his treat ball, and anything thinly disguised as a tunnel!

Alvin likes the cardborad drinks holders from macdonalds.... he never seems to play with toys but the cardboard gets shredded up :)

I get those cardboard holder things everyday when I get my soup for lunch, ive never thought to bring them home for the buns :D Thanks for mentioning that x

Thanks sillyrabbit I will have a look at that website. Have sussed out that Barney likes playing with ribbon so have tied it to the clothes horse that he sits under!

oooh I posted that reply then looked and there were more replies! Thank you for those ideas.... it's funny how they like day-to-day stuff like cardboard rolls! And I'm glad I'm not the only one that spoils their rabbit!

:lol::lol::lol: When their toys arrived they spend more time playing with the box it arrives in than the actual toys :lol:

i just shredded a load of paper and put it in a box, for Alvin and pearls arrival home next week.... hope they like my idea :D

Pampered piggies sell brown paper bags too, all my lot love them filled with hay and a few pellets. Wicker and willow rings, pine cones, and the willow balls are faves too :D Stuff some toilet rolls with hay aswell :D

Out of all their toys mine still perfer toilet roll tube filled with hay and a few pellets:D

Back