• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My old girl has a sore mouth :( U/D Home....she has 5 molars!

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
All the permenants had a health check today, they get a full once over every month.

I thought Pippa felt a little lighter then normal and the inside of her mouth is ulcerated and she has spurs on her upper molars :( so she is going to need a dental next week.

Im quite nervous because she is 7 and not in the greatest health. :?

My poor girly.

Last edited:
Poor Pippa :( Hope it all goes well. The GA part is quite worrying.

My Willow needs to go to the vets for a dental aswell and I fear his days may be numbered - his last burr under GA was only 30 Nov. He won't eat on his own today so I've been syringing him till I can take him in tomo.

fingers crossed..... I had a buck neutured at 7.... He had to have a few GA's cos of abscesses too..... everything crossed for her x

Oh no, poor Pippa :(

Good luck at the dentist. It's a shame you don't have local vets who can do dentals without GA.

Amy

I do but Im not happy about having molars done without GA (and Anita does not like doing it either), if she has to go through the stress of getting a dental I want it done as infrequently and properly as possible.

If it was her incisors I would not mind.

I do but Im not happy about having molars done without GA (and Anita does not like doing it either), if she has to go through the stress of getting a dental I want it done as infrequently and properly as possible.

If it was her incisors I would not mind.

Agree 100% on that Sooz. It is impossible to do a thorough Dental on the Molars of a conscious Bun

Janex

Thanks for all the vibes.

I hope to have her admitted Monday night with Bobby for burring Tuesday morning but it depends who is consulting and in surgery :?

Pippa and Bobby are in overnight, her teeth are being burred in the morning. Her upper molars are growing at a bizzarre angle, however, they are not causing an awful lot of soreness so she is either very sensitive to pain or there is something else going on. She is still eating with relish, if a little slower than normal.

Rob thinks we should re-panacur her as a precaution :?

Oh and here is the strangest part....her tumoours have all shrunk. A lot. :shock:

Where were the tumours? Could they have been abcesses instead?

No they were 100% tissue mass orientated growths. She's had them since April but being around her all the time I havn't noticed them shrink, except perhaps in wishful thinking.

They presented as malignant but its looking like this is not the case now :D

No they were 100% tissue mass orientated growths. She's had them since April but being around her all the time I havn't noticed them shrink, except perhaps in wishful thinking.

They presented as malignant but its looking like this is not the case now :D

So, good news then?

hope she bounces back after her dental tomorrow

Back