• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport Request: Sheffield to Norfolk (or within 1 hours drive)

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
We have a very good prospective home lined up for Riley in Norfolk, for whenever he can be taken there.

The closer the better but his new owners are willing to drive 1 hour outside of Norfolk to collect him, possibly a little longer.

I am quite happy for this to be one of those 'bitty' journeys involving a few people and also for overnight stops if required.

This little lad is absolutely desperate for company so any help will be very much appreciated.

Sooz

Transportation for gorgeous Riley

Hiya,

we are the lucky people hoping to adopt gorgeous Riley - we live close to Norwich, Norfolk but are more than happy to meet up at any train station (car sick at mo) within an hour or so from there eg, Cambridge, Ely, Peterborough or any other place easily accessible by train.

Please can anyone help get this very special lad closer to us.

Amanda

:wave:

If Riley can be got from Sheffield down to me in Newark, I can get him to Ely. My b/f lives near there and I'm there most weekends.

Michelle

I'll happily do Nottingham (M1 services in between J25&26) - Newark
& I could keep him here for a few days if need be...

(unless Amy is heading that was anyway...)

I might be able to do Sheffield to Nottingham, depending when it's happening and if O/H's car is free.

If I use my car, could probs do Mansfield to Nottingham or maybe Chesterfield to Nottingham. Don't trust my car on longer journeys.

Amy

Amy if you can arrange a suitable time to get to Faye's then Faye can hold onto Riley for a few days if need be to get him to Michelle's and then Michelle an do the final run to Amanda at her convenience...

Thank you so much everybody for all your kind generous offers - it means so much to us (& Riley!!) :)

Kindest regards,

Amanda

Amy if you can arrange a suitable time to get to Faye's then Faye can hold onto Riley for a few days if need be to get him to Michelle's and then Michelle an do the final run to Amanda at her convenience...

Sounds like a plan. Will speak to O/H and get back to you.

He's playing 5-a-side football ATM (in the rain :lol:) but should be back soon

Amy

I can do from Sheffield to either Chesterfield or Mansfield to meet Amy

That would be really useful if you could meet me at services on the M1 :D

We were thinking of doing it on Sunday. If Sunday isn't good for you, O/H has said he doesn't mind going all the way to Sheffield.

Cheers

Amy

I will be travelling to near Ely this Saturday and coming back on Sunday so if Riley can be got to me before Saturday I can take him then.. assuming Amanda is available to meet me at Ely on one of those 2 days.

If Riley cannot be got from Sheffield before this weekend, it might be a couple of weeks before I can get him to Ely as I wont be going there the weekend after this one.

Hope that all makes sense :D

Michelle

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that i am happy to collect Riley from Ely train station whenever it is convenient for everyone else - thank you so much once again for all your generous offers of help. :)

Amanda

If Nicola can get to Chesterfield M1 services one night this week, I can meet her there. Tomorrow night (Tuesday) would be best because I'm finishing work earlier than usual.

I can't really get to Sooz's after work because I'm the wrong side of Nottingham and she's the wrong side of Sheffield, so would take forever in peak times :roll: :lol:

I'll PM Nicola.

Amy

If Nicola can get to Chesterfield M1 services one night this week, I can meet her there. Tomorrow night (Tuesday) would be best because I'm finishing work earlier than usual.

I can't really get to Sooz's after work because I'm the wrong side of Nottingham and she's the wrong side of Sheffield, so would take forever in peak times :roll: :lol:

I'll PM Nicola.

Amy

Tuesday is a really good night for me too :p

Let me know if this is going ahead tomorrow guys, have two bunnies under GA tomorrow so if its early need to arrange collection.

Back