PDA

View Full Version : Transport Request: Sheffield to Norfolk (or within 1 hours drive)

Sooz
06-01-2008, 02:57 PM
We have a very good prospective home lined up for Riley in Norfolk, for whenever he can be taken there.

The closer the better but his new owners are willing to drive 1 hour outside of Norfolk to collect him, possibly a little longer.

I am quite happy for this to be one of those 'bitty' journeys involving a few people and also for overnight stops if required.

This little lad is absolutely desperate for company so any help will be very much appreciated.

Sooz

abbymarysmokey
06-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Whereabouts in Norfolk?

Just trying to work out if Nottingham is on route.

Amy

henridoodle
06-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Hiya,

we are the lucky people hoping to adopt gorgeous Riley - we live close to Norwich, Norfolk but are more than happy to meet up at any train station (car sick at mo) within an hour or so from there eg, Cambridge, Ely, Peterborough or any other place easily accessible by train.

Please can anyone help get this very special lad closer to us.

Amanda

Shell
06-01-2008, 06:37 PM
:wave:

If Riley can be got from Sheffield down to me in Newark, I can get him to Ely. My b/f lives near there and I'm there most weekends.

Michelle

CottonMather
06-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I'll happily do Nottingham (M1 services in between J25&26) - Newark
& I could keep him here for a few days if need be...

(unless Amy is heading that was anyway...)

Sooz
06-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Aww thats fantastic.

So we need Sheffield to Nottingham then?

abbymarysmokey
06-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I might be able to do Sheffield to Nottingham, depending when it's happening and if O/H's car is free.

If I use my car, could probs do Mansfield to Nottingham or maybe Chesterfield to Nottingham. Don't trust my car on longer journeys.

Amy

Sooz
06-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Amy if you can arrange a suitable time to get to Faye's then Faye can hold onto Riley for a few days if need be to get him to Michelle's and then Michelle an do the final run to Amanda at her convenience...

henridoodle
06-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Thank you so much everybody for all your kind generous offers - it means so much to us (& Riley!!) :)

Kindest regards,

Amanda

abbymarysmokey
06-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Amy if you can arrange a suitable time to get to Faye's then Faye can hold onto Riley for a few days if need be to get him to Michelle's and then Michelle an do the final run to Amanda at her convenience...

Sounds like a plan. Will speak to O/H and get back to you.

He's playing 5-a-side football ATM (in the rain :lol:) but should be back soon

Amy

TheGaffer
07-01-2008, 12:22 AM
I can do from Sheffield to either Chesterfield or Mansfield to meet Amy

abbymarysmokey
07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
I can do from Sheffield to either Chesterfield or Mansfield to meet Amy

That would be really useful if you could meet me at services on the M1 :D

We were thinking of doing it on Sunday. If Sunday isn't good for you, O/H has said he doesn't mind going all the way to Sheffield.

Cheers

Amy

Shell
07-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I will be travelling to near Ely this Saturday and coming back on Sunday so if Riley can be got to me before Saturday I can take him then.. assuming Amanda is available to meet me at Ely on one of those 2 days.

If Riley cannot be got from Sheffield before this weekend, it might be a couple of weeks before I can get him to Ely as I wont be going there the weekend after this one.

Hope that all makes sense :D

Michelle

Sooz
07-01-2008, 02:57 PM
So is there anyway the run to notts can take places before Saturday, Amy & Nicola?

henridoodle
07-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say that i am happy to collect Riley from Ely train station whenever it is convenient for everyone else - thank you so much once again for all your generous offers of help. :)

Amanda

abbymarysmokey
07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
If Nicola can get to Chesterfield M1 services one night this week, I can meet her there. Tomorrow night (Tuesday) would be best because I'm finishing work earlier than usual.

I can't really get to Sooz's after work because I'm the wrong side of Nottingham and she's the wrong side of Sheffield, so would take forever in peak times :roll: :lol:

I'll PM Nicola.

Amy

Sooz
07-01-2008, 03:50 PM
If Nicola can get to Chesterfield M1 services one night this week, I can meet her there. Tomorrow night (Tuesday) would be best because I'm finishing work earlier than usual.

I can't really get to Sooz's after work because I'm the wrong side of Nottingham and she's the wrong side of Sheffield, so would take forever in peak times :roll: :lol:

I'll PM Nicola.

Amy

Tuesday is a really good night for me too :p

TheGaffer
07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
I've Pmed you back Amy

Sooz
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Let me know if this is going ahead tomorrow guys, have two bunnies under GA tomorrow so if its early need to arrange collection.

TheGaffer
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Let me know if this is going ahead tomorrow guys, have two bunnies under GA tomorrow so if its early need to arrange collection.

Sorry. I told Amy I can't do tomorrow but Thursday or Friday is fine

abbymarysmokey
07-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Nicola, have just PM'd a reply.

Friday is OK for me, but I'm at work until 5pm. Is that OK for you Sooz?

Amy

Sooz
07-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Im at work from 6pm but Phil will be home.

Shell
07-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Amy, can you keep the bun overnight and are you around on Saturday morning? I will be travelling from Derby to Newark on Saturday morning along the A52 and can collect the bun or meet you somewhere, depending where you are in Nottingham.

Michelle

abbymarysmokey
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Amy, can you keep the bun overnight and are you around on Saturday morning? I will be travelling from Derby to Newark on Saturday morning along the A52 and can collect the bun or meet you somewhere, depending where you are in Nottingham.

Michelle

Sure, that would be fine :D

I live in Wilford (just off the A52, where it meets the A453). Would be great if you could call in at mine (will PM my address) or alternatively could meet you at a landmark you're familiar with (pub car park or something?).

Amy

TheGaffer
07-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Im at work from 6pm but Phil will be home.

I'll be picking Riley up from you before 6. Amy and I are planning to meet around 6.30pm.

When's best for me to pick him up? I'm just thinking if we made it late afternoon and then I can avoid getting caught up in traffic coming back across the city.

Shell
07-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah that will be fine Amy. I should be able to find you, I've bought myself a sat nav in the sales as I get lost everywhere i go :roll:

I dont know exactly what time it will be but I guess it will be sometime around 11 ish.

Amanda..... I will be down in Cambs late afternoon / early evening on Saturday so it may be best to meet you in Ely on Sunday?

Sooz
08-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Ignore everything I just said..... I should think anytime is fine.

henridoodle
08-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Shell

''Amanda..... I will be down in Cambs late afternoon / early evening on Saturday so it may be best to meet you in Ely on Sunday?''

I am coming back from Cheltenham saturday eve - arriving at Ely station at 6.52pm, catching the train back to Norwich at 7.15pm - any chance of meeting up then please? It would make life alot easier for me (even if I have to hang around for a while ?) otherwise i will need to get another taxi back into Norwich to get the train to Ely on the Sunday.

Amanda

Shell
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
I am coming back from Cheltenham saturday eve - arriving at Ely station at 6.52pm, catching the train back to Norwich at 7.15pm - any chance of meeting up then please? It would make life alot easier for me (even if I have to hang around for a while ?) otherwise i will need to get another taxi back into Norwich to get the train to Ely on the Sunday.

Amanda

yep thats cool with me :thumb:

Sooz
08-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I cant believe this has actually all come together, thank you so much to everyone taking part.

Amanda, expect the adoption forms to be with you within the hour.

henridoodle
08-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Thank you everyone for all your kind generous offers for making this happen for me & Riley :) If you ever want a break in sunny Norfolk to see the gorgeous chap himself - you're all more than welcome!! ;)

Look forward to the adoption forms Sooz.

Thanks everybody,

Amanda

Sooz
08-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Can everyone make sure they exchange contact numbers with the people they are supposed to be meeting so no-one gets lost anywhere! :D

I speak from experience :roll:

Sooz
09-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Adoption forms arrived back today, thanks Amanda.

Nicola what time are you collecting on Friday?

henridoodle
09-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Adoption forms arrived back today, thanks Amanda.

You're welcome :wave:

abbymarysmokey
10-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Beastor was admitted to the vets this morning :(. Consequently I *might* need to call in at the vets after work on Friday

This would mean that the pick up from Nicola at Tibself services on Friday evening would need to happen a bit later than arranged.

Nicola, I will let you know what's happening asap.

Amy

TheGaffer
10-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Can everyone make sure they exchange contact numbers with the people they are supposed to be meeting so no-one gets lost anywhere! :D

I speak from experience :roll:

Amy and I have exchanged numbers :D

TheGaffer
10-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Beastor was admitted to the vets this morning :(. Consequently I *might* need to call in at the vets after work on Friday

This would mean that the pick up from Nicola at Tibself services on Friday evening would need to happen a bit later than arranged.

Nicola, I will let you know what's happening asap.

Amy

ok, thats no problem

Pipstrel
10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I guess this is all sorted now but I have my car back and its all mended now if you need any help with transport.

Helen x

Sooz
11-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Riley has his bag packs and is ready to go.

I dont think he is going to miss me much somehow :lol:

Hope Beastor is OK Amy :(

abbymarysmokey
11-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Sooz

I've PM'd Nicola with final arrangements for this evening.

I'm afraid poor little Beastor died during the night :cry:

TheGaffer
11-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Riley's here, I've set up a pen for him because he's gonna spend a while in the carrier later. But he's terrified and doesn't want to come out of the carrier.:roll:

Sooz
11-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Riley's here, I've set up a pen for him because he's gonna spend a while in the carrier later. But he's terrified and doesn't want to come out of the carrier.:roll:

Bless his cottons :( he has travelled quite a bit since we first collected him, you'd think he would be getting used to it by now :rolleyes:

Im really sorry about Beastor Amy, I hope your OK. :cry:

TheGaffer
11-01-2008, 07:39 PM
He's come out of the carrier and is having a look around, bless him.

I've justed checked the traffic reports because I was going to drive up to Hoyland and get on the M1 but theres conjestion between rotherham and meadowhall so I'm going to try and get on the M1 further down.:roll::rolleyes:

TheGaffer
11-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm home, Riley was handed over to Amy.

Not too bad a journey, apart from coming home when someone nearly swerved into me:shock: My heart was in my mouth!!

But home now safe and sound

abbymarysmokey
11-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Yep, Riley's now at my house tucking into some hay :D

Michelle is picking him up tomorrow.

Amy

Sooz
12-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Yep, Riley's now at my house tucking into some hay :D

Michelle is picking him up tomorrow.

Amy

Wonderful thanks so much guys :D

Shell
12-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Riley is now with me and is having a hop around the lounge before his journey down to Cambs later.

Was lovely to meet you and your furries Amy :D

Michelle

Sooz
12-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Riley is now with me and is having a hop around the lounge before his journey down to Cambs later.

Was lovely to meet you and your furries Amy :D

Michelle

Great, how is he holding up with the travelling?

Typically his cage here has been filled already :rolleyes: as we had to seperate two of the youngsters.

Shell
12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
He seems fine. He wandered out of the carrier straight away and seems quite happy exploring. He has munched some hay and there are poops everywhere!! :lol:

He's got an hour journey down to my boyfriends in a couple of hours, then he can have a bit of exercise there until i take him to Ely at 6.30 for his train journey back to Norwich :D

abbymarysmokey
12-01-2008, 03:45 PM
It was nice to meet you Michelle :wave:

Sorry about all the chaos at mine :oops:

Sooz, Riley was fine overnight...plenty of poops :D

Amy

Sooz
12-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the updates Guys :D I hope he behaved himself!

henridoodle
13-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Riley is now at his forever home & settling down in his new pad eating carrot & Kale & loads of hay - if he is stressed at all from the journey, he certainly is hiding it well :lol: bless him - he hasn't stopped eating since he arrived here !!

I will give him a couple of days to chill then will start to introduce him to his new girlie Annie - she is the spitting image of him & so laid back, i don't foresee any probs as Riley is also such a gorgeous affectionate chap - & you never know, it may be love at first sight for the pair of them ;)

I would like to take this opportunity of thanking everybody involved in transporting Riley from Sheffield to Ely - it meant the world to us & as a thank you, I will post lots of photos of the gorgeous lad & Annie as soon as they have been introduced together - i really appreciate all your help & if ever you need transport in Norfolk, please get in touch & i will only be too happy to help. Thank you seems inadequate but i really am so very very grateful ( & Riley seems pretty content too!!)

Best wishes,

Amanda

abbymarysmokey
13-01-2008, 12:26 AM
What a happy ending. Glad he's settling in well. Riley's a really nice little bun and deserves his second chance in life :D

I think he must be one of the most well travelled rabbits on RU :lol:

Amy

TheGaffer
13-01-2008, 12:36 AM
awww glad he's settled in ok, hope the bonding goes well

Sooz
13-01-2008, 02:53 AM
I think he must be one of the most well travelled rabbits on RU :lol:

Amy

Ditto to that, he has got about a bit!

Glad he has arrived and settled in well, thanks to everyone who has taken part in Rileys big adventure!

Amanda, if you have any problems please get in touch and of course, I cant wait for pictures!

karen354
13-01-2008, 11:24 AM
What a wondeful ending for Riley :D:D
Well done to everyone involved :D