• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit moulting trends

How often does your rabbit moult and the predominant colour?

• Moults twice a year - Outdoor bun

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Moults twice a year - Indoor bun

• Moults more than twice - Outdoor bun

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Moults more than twice - Indoor bun

• Moults all year - Outdoor bun

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moults all year - Indoor bun

• Black

• White

• Brown

• Agouti

• Red/Orange

• Champagne hues

• Grey

• 50/50 mix

• Other colour - please specify

• Total voters

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
Please let us know how often your bun moults and what colour :D

Ive added a multiple choice poll, so select a moult and a colour option!

Last edited:
Liquorice has moulted twice i think - we have had him since May. He is moulting now.

House bunny - black rex

only had Alvin 6 months so im not 100% yet..

hes black and seemed to start in october, theres always hairs coming out of him now, and i can actually pluck big patches out of his bum area :shock:

Just realised the poll won't link the moulting and colours :lol: Im so thick!
:lol:

Have to state which two in your post!

I did sooty (black and all the time) but I don't know if it is a repeatable poll but I also have

Honey - Don't know the exact colour, mottled brown, she hasn't moulted yet but she does loose her fur in little felted clumps. Indoor bun

Rosie - Little grey dutch nethie. Has not moulted yet but has only been inside a few months.

The buns in question....if anyone could tell me honeys colour I'd be very happy.
P1000730.jpg

Is she a sooty fawn? Very pretty.

I think Roxy is constantly moulting :? but in general I think about twice a year :D

I did sooty (black and all the time) but I don't know if it is a repeatable poll but I also have

Honey - Don't know the exact colour, mottled brown, she hasn't moulted yet but she does loose her fur in little felted clumps. Indoor bun

Rosie - Little grey dutch nethie. Has not moulted yet but has only been inside a few months.

The buns in question....if anyone could tell me honeys colour I'd be very happy.
P1000730.jpg

she looke like jubilee (alvins failed bonding) and she was described as sooty fawn

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=10143

what do you reakon?

Barney, my two year old dutch-bunny seems to moult a whole lot. Sometimes he moults very heavily... I have to comb him at least twice a day, and reduce his pellets and up his hay intake. It's incredibly stressful from my point of view, as he used to do poops full of fur and had gone into GI stasis during a heavy moult... I can't imagine it's much fun for him, either. Moulting always looks itchy to me, for some reason. :lol:

My other bunny, Amber... I've had her since July 28th and I've never noticed her moult. :shock:

They're both outdoor bunnies.

Lexie: Indoor bunny, Isabella (champagne hues), more than twice a year.

She has moulted twice since I have had her which is about two months!

My bunny moults twice a year but the moulting can last a month or two :roll: His colour is agouti siamese (at least that what we call the colour here in norway, it's the bunny in my avatar).

Back