• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Husbun???

shazbat11

Warren Scout
Hubby has finally agreed to me getting a husbun for Millie :D , but now I'm feeling a bit nervous about getting another rabbit (well, she is my baby:oops:), but I know she needs a husbun to snuggle up to and to be truely happy.

We're going to our local P@H later to see what they have in their rescue section. Does anyone know their policy is if things dont work out with bonding, would I be able to return the bun and try a different one?

Sharon

You need to check whether the p@h are rehoming them for a rescue centre, but we see a lot in our local store that appear to be 'old stock':cry: or unneutered buns brought back by customers. i've seen signs on the cages like 'i don't get on with other rabbits and have to live by myself' or 'Nobody wanted me and I got too big' :shock:. I would just be very cautious with p@h rescue bun. I'm sure others will have plenty of advice too.

sorry to be a bit negative, but when i see the buns in our local store the obvious is just screaming out at me :roll::D. good luck in getting a husbun for millie and keep us updated1

Our store is definately linked to a rescue (not long been refitted to take in these buns), when I rang our local animal shelter they told me that P@H take in their rescue rabbits and to try them

Thank you for your advice, what I'm going to do is get hubby to drop me off there so I can spend time there watching them before I make any decisions. If i'm not sure or really not satisfied I'll leave it, go home and have a think about it.

Last edited:
Have you not got a local rescue as they sometimes do the bonding for you and if it does not work out then they could try another one of there buns.

Rick

Our local animal shelter sends their rabbits to P@H and our next closest one only has either bonded pairs or single females.

:wave: It may be worth looking outside of your area. Finding the right match is not always that easy. Working with a rescue centre will provide a lot of added support in terms of finding the right partner and help and advice with bonding. A little travelling may save you loads of hassle - good luck :D

I also have to say that I cannot understand any rescue that sends buns to P@H.... sorry just my opinion.

the rabbits at the rehoming bit of my local pets @ home seem to be ols stock too :?

:wave: It may be worth looking outside of your area. Finding the right match is not always that easy. Working with a rescue centre will provide a lot of added support in terms of finding the right partner and help and advice with bonding. A little travelling may save you loads of hassle - good luck :D

i agree, we are travelling 40mins (one way) to hopper haven and the first bonding failed, thankfully i hadnt gone out and purchased a second rabbit before Alvin was ready for a wife... i think the expertise of rescues are a huge advantage. i decided way back in october to get alvin a wife and only now his bonding seems to be a success..only downside, they do the bonding onsite and im missing my little demon like crazy!!

good luck hun with whichever way you go :)

I would check that the rabbits are NEUTERED first. They may actually be signed into the care of P@H as an overflow for the rescue and therefor be out of the rescues 'care'.

Our P@H does not neuter the adoption rabbits so if the rabbit is un-neutered you will need to get him done, wait for him to recover, then try bonding and if it does not work out return the rabbit you have paid to neuter for another or you may even be to attached to do that and have two single rabbits.

if ur in glos why not speak to jane dexter in warwick... i know its a bit of a trek but she is really nice and could defo help with bonding has a lot of rabbits there of all ages also alice who runs ...AJs rescue is in gloucester she will happily help too. (my mum is in glos and when we trying to get chels a freind who we went to. although had got rabbits from cheltenham animal shelter they no longer really bother to rehome rabbits and do not have the largest knowledge available. hope this helps.(ps ajs address and number is on rabbit rehome under gloucestershire)

Back