• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how often.....

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
......do you compeletly empty the litter trays?

i use a sheet of newspaper, a thin layer of biocatolet and a layer of straw. Do you pick through it like you do with cat litter trays or completely empty every day?

i completely do mine every day as well because i wouldnt want to stand in my own poop. There wee gets completey absorbed so that isnt a problem. Biocatolet is working out quite expensive and megazorb was too messy.

Each of my pairs have three litter trays filled with megazorb and hay.I clean them out every second day in the winter.Fill the hay up every morning and evening.In summer they get done every day
They are outdoor buns:D

My frenchies are indoor bunnies and have newspaper and hemcore in their litter tray. I change it completely everyday.

Every two or three days, Maddie's (inside) only a little bunny, so there isn't too much. Same with Ebony (outside)every few days.

People from the US on the forum where I moderate use these little plasticy mesh thingies in litter trays, so that the pee goes through and poops stay on top, to make litter go further (since it absorbs the pee and smell, you can easily get rid of the poops daily). But I can't find it anywhere. :? They say if some kind of craft mesh and can be got in craft store, no luck yet though.

I empty the litter trays completely and give a good wash/disenfect every few days, I sweep up poos that haven't gone in there everyday.

With my last rabbit:
Empty the litter tray usually every two days but I'll leave some old unsoiled litter in there as well as fresh stuff so bunny remembers it's still his litter tray, not a bed. It gets a good scrub with disinfectant every week.

I tried to do that but by the time the trays are ready to go back in they've all peed in the corners of the crate :roll:

I need to buy more litter trays I think:lol:

:lol: I have double of most things(food bowls,litter trays, water bottles etc) to make life easier when cleaning them all out, but tend to do it when I've popped them in the run - can have a good clearout then without them kicking sawdust and poop in my face:lol:

Back