• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type of litter do you use for in house?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
My bunnies live outdoors but as its winter its dark when I get home from work so they get a little play time each in the house.

Just wondered whats the best thing to put in there litter tray that cant get kicked out easily. The wood shavings make too much of a mess, so I dont put anything in there at the moment but obviuosly this isnt ideal, its ok for poops but not pees!

My bunnies live outdoors but as its winter its dark when I get home from work so they get a little play time each in the house.

Just wondered whats the best thing to put in there litter tray that cant get kicked out easily. The wood shavings make too much of a mess, so I dont put anything in there at the moment but obviuosly this isnt ideal, its ok for poops but not pees!

I use straw. It gets kicked out but its easier to clean up and less dusty.

I use smartcat recycled paper cat litter in my rabbit trays. I also use this for my hamsters as floor covering. It doesn't seem to make too much of a mess. :D

mine are house bunnies, the litter tray in the crate has newspaper, biocatolet and straw in but the litter trays in the room have just newspaper in.

they only tend to poop in those though.

Wispa did used to wee on just the newspaper but i cleaned it up nearly every time she weed on it

i use that megazorb with a layer of meadow hay over the top and for eating a big handful of timothy hay in one corner

I was using Megazorb but found it a bit too messy so I've been using wood pellets and they've been a bit better

I use paper based pellets, I think it's a bit less dustier than wooden based pellets. I haven't had any truble with paper based pellets :D

I was using Megazorb but found it a bit too messy so I've been using wood pellets and they've been a bit better

i went the other way...lol started off on the wood pellets, i much prefer the megazorb, the cost alone makes me smile....:lol::lol:

before i only put the hay for alvin to eat in a corner but now i do have to cover the litter totally to keep it in the tray and that works very well... still no smells so im happy :)

i went the other way...lol started off on the wood pellets, i much prefer the megazorb, the cost alone makes me smile....:lol::lol:

before i only put the hay for alvin to eat in a corner but now i do have to cover the litter totally to keep it in the tray and that works very well... still no smells so im happy :)

:lol::lol: I agree about the cost. I must have extra messy buns:lol:

I use ecopetbed which is chopped cardboard squares. Very cheap, absorbent, and doesn't get kicked about or stuck to fur! Also it's dust free. :D

Litter tray is lined with a couple of sheets of newspaper and has a heap of Tesco premium paper-based cat litter at one end. (He only uses one end so no point spreading it about!)

Very easy to clean - lift out paper with litter in it and dispose :D Swill out tray with hot water and washing up liquid if any wee has soaked through.

The litter tray is in his cage so what does get kicked out (not much) is mostly in the cage and some just outside where it drops off his feet. Nowhere near as messy as woodshavings!!

I often use wood based pellets, but also plant fiber based pellets called Ecostraw, which is also edible.

I use Wilkinsons wood based cat litter pellets. I am a neat freak and very hosue proud and these are the best things for me by far....if any fall out I can just pick them up!

Back