• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Folding run

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Hey Folks, Im looking for a folding down wooden run. Only has to be 4x4/5x5, Just literally for her to get some fresh air, rather than excersise. Dont really want to pay over £50 for it & doesnt have to be great quality. Thanks X

Hi Becki have you had a look on Ebay - Albany pets do a great one and depending on the size you buy you even get a free hideaway box. A 6 x 4 x 2 has a starting price of just 99p and if you are lucky you can pick one up for about a tenner. We got ours from them for the business for the piggies and small buns and also had some larger ones custom made and they really are brilliantly made and good quality.

Hi Becki have you had a look on Ebay - Albany pets do a great one and depending on the size you buy you even get a free hideaway box. A 6 x 4 x 2 has a starting price of just 99p and if you are lucky you can pick one up for about a tenner. We got ours from them for the business for the piggies and small buns and also had some larger ones custom made and they really are brilliantly made and good quality.

I bought one from Albany pets too but its fallen apart :? I paid £50 for it which was a bargain for it as it was 6 x 4 x 4 but its made of soft wood and lasted only this long. Brackets started to fall off it after about a month as the damp got to the holes and loosened the screws.
I did weather proof it but it wasn't enough.
They make nice runs but only buy a hard wood one.

Im going to buy some hard wood and use the wire from this one to make my own in spring.

I am really suprised at that Leanne as we use them every day for the business and they have been left out in all weathers before now with no problems at all:(

Thanks for your replies guys. Thats fab Nichola, ideally wanted a small folding one but that does look great for the price! Will have a proper look on ebay now, Really dont want to pay much as all my money is going towards vets fees & I'm hoping it'll only be for a month or so until Jen is readjusted to her little life (having some problems with her :cry:). These bunnies eh x

i have the 6 x4 with hideaway. i got it for £50 + £12 postage. i actually came second in the ebay auction and they offered me one at the same price as my highest bid. its been in the garden since the end of the summer and havent had any problems yet. do you fold it away a lot? that could work the screws loose. other than that, the wood must have warped :?

So its just mine thats dodgy? :(

No I left it out all summer and only folded it down recently. Maybe mine is a different type of softwood and they changed what they used?
Its a lovely size and design, just falls apart :lol:

Never mind!

Back