• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini-Rex

Do mini-rex's come in all colours?

Do mini-rex's need any special care?

IF we got another bunny... to make a trio what would be best? Male or female?

I have two standard rexes, haven't found they require that much special care, other than you need to keep an extra eye on the bedding, as they are prone to sore hooks if they walk on wire mesh or wet/hard bedding all day.
Mine has only gotten sore hooks once, and the vet assured me it was far easier to prevent it than to treat it:p
Just make sure you change the bedding often to prevent it from getting too wet, and no wire mesh, then again I don't like using wire mesh floors for any rabbit:p at least not unless they have at least one wood plate in the cage to rest on.

How big/heavy is an average standard rex then?

I always thought poppy was a standard rex but on that page about mini rexs it says 1.7 - 2.4 kg and she is in that category...

I have this lovely pair of mini rex does in at the moment

index-photo-nanountobia.shtml

I also have this standard rex buck in

index-photo-dexter.shtml

There's quite a difference between them :D

Can't see the pics.

How big/heavy is an average standard rex then?

I always thought poppy was a standard rex but on that page about mini rexs it says 1.7 - 2.4 kg and she is in that category...

I don't know what the English standard says but Norwegian Standard rexes are from 2.5 kg and up. Mine are 2.9 and somewhat over 3 kgs last time they were weighted. I've seen fairly small rexes, down in 2.5 kgs, and some huuuge one at almost 4 kgs:oops: It depends on how they are bred.

Back