• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor little bunnies

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Just got back from going round some pet shops looking for suitable hutches. Lots of little bunnies, all very cute, but their living conditions were not so good...

One shop had 2 bunnies in a space that must have been 2ft long x 1ft wide at most.

Another had 2 bunnies in about 4x4ft square with lots of guinea pigs.

The other one we went in had a rabbit in one of those hamster cages...

My gf was very distressed by it all.

I have to avoid livestock selling petshops cos it upsets me too much. I have a lovely little pet store near me that doesn't sell animals and I buy all my supplies from there now

It is upsetting seeing the animals in pet shops here kept in crampt conditions. I only know of one pet shop that keeps their livestock in decent conditions, but they don't sell bigger animals like rabbits.
Though all too frequently when I've gone abroad the livestock in petshops are kept in far worse conditons than they are here.

The thing that worries me is that keeping bunnies in small enclosures sends out the wrong message to prospective new owners, saying that they don't need a lot of space. :cry:

Animals should only be sold by experienced breeders, all pet shops need to do is sell what the animals need.

:(

Back