• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just brought a massive bag of timothy hay

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
And the buns love it but its compressed so tight I cant get it out the bag :oops: :lol: Ive kind of scraped what I can off the top and given it to the them but cant get anymore out :lol:

Ouch :shock: I got out the fork type gardening thing but that didnt work either :lol: I really dont know how im going to get anymore out. I cant empty the bag because I have nothing to empty it in to :lol:

I got fed up with this problem and constantly having sore fingers from pulling it apart, so I now empty it into a hessian sack or a wheelie bin bag to make life easier

I buy XL compressed bales and empty them in to binliners....so much easier to seperate once they are decompressed.

Good idea :D I think I will empty them into bin liners :D We have a huge wheelie bin here not being used at the moment but I can only reach halfway inside so I dont want to have to put the bin on its side and crawl in to reach the hay :lol:

Good idea :D I think I will empty them into bin liners :D We have a huge wheelie bin here not being used at the moment but I can only reach halfway inside so I dont want to have to put the bin on its side and crawl in to reach the hay :lol:

But that would be an adventure lol x

The new neighbours only moved in 3 days ago and I have already had lots of strange looks from them. I dont think it would be a good idea to climb into a bin in my garden :lol:

The new neighbours only moved in 3 days ago and I have already had lots of strange looks from them. I dont think it would be a good idea to climb into a bin in my garden :lol:

I got stuck in my wheelie bin....my hand slipped on the rim in the rain and I fell in head first. :oops::oops: Luckily it was the straw bin and not the rubbish bin!

It might be cosy though :D

you could hoik the last bits out with a garden spade/fork.

Back