• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am a "failed fosterer"....

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
.....because I have to give up my foster bunny Harry. :( He is an active and friendly chap, but he has problems with his guts and his bottom is wet most of the time.
So today he will be transferred to Jane's intensive care unit for poorly bunnies (ICUFPB), where he can stay indoors for as long as it takes to get him back to normal and to put on some weight. He is still quite a thin bunny. Jane has the necessary experience and is also closer to our vet. Who knows, maybe she will fail as a fosterer, too, but in a positive way. ;)
I will get to foster a different ARC bunny instead, will update about that tomorrow.

Who knows, maybe she will fail as a fosterer, too, but in a positive way. ;)

:lol: I suspect you may be right! You haven't failed though, you have just transferred him across someone with the necessary skills, time and accommodation to be able to meet his particular needs. I think it's perfectly appropriate to do that ;)

You're not a failed fosterer BB, I wonder if the same will be said about me :oops::rolleyes:

Nice to meet you btw :D

Janex :wave:

You don't sound like a failure to me...but someone who knows whats best for bunny :D Hope he gets better soon. he's in good hands for sure x

I dont think doing whats best for the rabbit can be seen as a failure in any way, plus this way he will probably get a new home too ;)

You are by no means a failed fosterer. I dread to think what state Harry would be in if ARC hadn't taken him away from his awful start. It's thanks to you and the other ARC fosterers alike that so many buns end up in happy homes, be it for a week or months, or.......................forever, as has been known by one or two fosterers on here:lol::lol:. You do a fab job and it's good to know Harry will continue to get the TLC he needs.:wave:

Well, Harry's got a very comfy room with a view now. :D I hope the rest of your bunnies have calmed down again, Jane. I tried to walk past as carefully as possible, but there is not much room for humans in your house! At least not for humans my size. :oops::lol: Nice to meet you and some of your bunnies.
Donna gave me the lovely Emily to look after now.

Well, Harry's got a very comfy room with a view now. :D I hope the rest of your bunnies have calmed down again, Jane. I tried to walk past as carefully as possible, but there is not much room for humans in your house! At least not for humans my size. :oops::lol: Nice to meet you and some of your bunnies.
Donna gave me the lovely Emily to look after now.

ooh pics please, or can I find her on the ARC site to have a preview?:D

Back