• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

still together U/D shes the one :)

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
i didnt get to speak to louise, stupid me forgot today is open to the public day, i think it was her mom i spoke to and she said as far as she knows the little black lop (my lovely angel) and his ladyfriend seem quite fond of each other..... that means theyve not been seperated for the 2nd night wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... starting to get excited now that pearl possibly is the one.... i shall phone tonight and hopefully itll still be going well :)

sorry to bore you all, but its probably the most important thing going on at the moment for me (dont get out much) and ive wanted a 2nd bunny for so long now id given up all hope of Alvin falling inlove....

i wonder how long bonding takes... cant wait to get him home :D

Last edited:
Wishing you, and them lots and lots of luck.... they will be soooo pretty together, really hope he's fallen head over paws! :D

That is FANTASTIC news!!! :D :D :D I will keep my fingers firmly crossed that this bonding works out for you.....AND Alvin!!! :D :D

As long as you follow all your house neutralising and handling instructions Im sure they will be fine.

scared now... ive not had any instructions, i vaguely remember being told on the house check to keep them playing in the middle room till she has pooped and to put it in the litter tray but disinfecting his cage wasnt necessary as boys arent as bad as gals for territory....this adopting thing is scary

Personally I advise a whole house clean prior to returning rabbits to original territory regardless of gender. We instruct people to:

*disinfect the cage (day they leave and day before they return), bottles, bowls and plastic toys
*wash blankets, towels, fabric toys and wooden toys
*febreeze fabric, furniture and carpets
*hoover carpets and wash down hard floors with disinfectant
*re-arrange cage/run and put in fresh bedding the day they are due back
* ebreeze any item that is regularly 'chinned' or scent marked

Minimise handling for the first week to prevent jealous reactions (particularly strong in house rabbits).

I dont want to tread on anyones toes here, this is just what I advise.

Personally I advise a whole house clean prior to returning rabbits to original territory regardless of gender. We instruct people to:

*disinfect the cage (day they leave and day before they return), bottles, bowls and plastic toys
*wash blankets, towels, fabric toys and wooden toys
*febreeze fabric, furniture and carpets
*hoover carpets and wash down hard floors with disinfectant
*re-arrange cage/run and put in fresh bedding the day they are due back
* ebreeze any item that is regularly 'chinned' or scent marked

Minimise handling for the first week to prevent jealous reactions (particularly strong in house rabbits).

I dont want to tread on anyones toes here, this is just what I advise.

cheers sooz... i did do the litter trays so they will be all sparkly and i hoovered the carpet to his cage too, as i just stood there doing the washin up ive decided to put a new play box of shredded paper into the cage, Alvin hasnt had that toy yet, ill disinfect the cage just to be safe and the washing of his blankets so that they will become theirs :)

i was thinking of leaving them alone in the cage for a few days so that pearl settles in and isnt freaked by the new humans but i was also worried Alvin will think ive fallen out with him :oops:, the same way we settled Alvin in when he was a baby, plus shes gonna have to get used to a dog and well becoming a house rabbit an speedy little chippies..poor gal wont know whats hit her... i want it all perfect but im still convinced theyll mess it up and demon boy will come home single again...lol

shazbat if you saw her in the flesh youd want to be a rabbit just to be her partner... ive seen so many gorgeous buns since ive joined this forum but nothing prepared me for her beauty....she glimmers like a jewel.. amazing... hmm perhaps too beautiful for this house :oops:

oh dear i appeared to have fallen in love :( just like i did with jubilee

So glad its going ok, and Alvin likes his new fiancee. I didnt have to go through any of this worry as mine came pre-bonded of course (brothers).

So glad its going ok, and Alvin likes his new fiancee. I didnt have to go through any of this worry as mine came pre-bonded of course (brothers).

next time ill go for a ready bonded pair... this is horrible cus im such an impatient gal :evil:

Back