• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PERFECT for hammie!!!!with photos

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Remeber that canvas playpen i got for the bunnies frm PAH for £25???

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=112026&page=3

well...my mum suggested i let monty my hammie play in it..what a great idea!!!! bcus its canvas he cant get out! i wouldnt leave him unsupervised as he migth eat his way out but its perfect with supervision!!

weve put hios little house in there, some toilet rolls, tubes etc etc etc hes LOVING IT!!

totally recommend if you need to exercise fast hammies!!!
DSC_00011.jpg

monty.jpg

DSC_00081.jpg

Last edited:
Remeber that canvas playpen i got for the bunnies frm PAH for £25???

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=112026&page=3

well...my mum suggested i let monty my hammie play in it..what a great idea!!!! bcus its canvas he cant get out! i wouldnt leave him unsupervised as he migth eat his way out but its perfect with supervision!!

weve put hios little house in there, some toilet rolls, tubes etc etc etc hes LOVING IT!!

totally recommend if you need to exercise fast hammies!!!
DSC_00011.jpg

monty.jpg

DSC_00081.jpg

Looks great!! I thought about using it for my ratties, but I KNOW they wil shred it in minutes lol

lol well hes actually called monty! :D

but he LOVED it, i always feel bad cus hes so fast im always grabbing him when i let him out cu sim scared img unna lose him, he was out for 2 hours tonight!!!he loved it, and when he had enough he got back into his house cus i put it in there!

i had nuts etc around the tubes aswell so he was 'foraging' and then putting them in his house!

That's so cool:D
I wished I had that... there are no good hamster runs in Norway, at least not for syrian hamsters:cry:
Temari is usually in her hamster ball when she's out, but she can't really use many toys while inside that.:roll:

thats the thing isnt it, plus i dont really like the balls, i feel like there robots or sumthing, jus constantly going forward and they cnt stop. i love this, he runs about so fast lol !!

thats the thing isnt it, plus i dont really like the balls, i feel like there robots or sumthing, jus constantly going forward and they cnt stop. i love this, he runs about so fast lol !!

Temari runs in all directions in her ball, and she loves it. Yet I wish I could just let her loose on the floor like I sometimes do to the buns, the problem is there's so many holes she can escape into. Also I put up a fence to prevent Sasuke from coming up to my TV and chew on the bars...that fence can't even hold a baby rabbit (Sasuke is 2 so that's no problem) and far less a hamster:p

i suppose the other one that u cud try is get a gigantic cardboard box and keep an eye out your hammie? mite work xxx

in the summer i let my hamsters run in the garden ( they are put into an old style triangular rabbit run) i finally realise what the triangle runs should have a use for!! lol and in the winter they run either on my bed (as no holes to escape or on floor in hamster run £10 from pah not massive but big enough to give them a change of scenery... also they have large cages made from hamster standered cage a piece of tube and a large tub from wilkinsons full of toys so have constant access to run in this. sarah j i love ur thinking!!!

i suppose the other one that u cud try is get a gigantic cardboard box and keep an eye out your hammie? mite work xxx

The biggest cardboard box I've got is the one that the hamster cage came in:roll: And that one's only a tad bit larger than the cage itself.:lol: I let her run on my bed sometimes but she'll jump right down the moment I look away.:roll:

Monty is lovely,I miss having a hamster. Good idea for the playpen, we used to use an empty bathtub till they learnt to trust us and let us catch them. Nice and big, big enough for you to play in to, and high sided - no escaping hamster (which is always always fun)

wow that is ace hammie is having a great time!:D

i used to have a hamster called monty - he was meant to be monty the mouse but i had a hamster instead but the name monty stuck!

can you get the run online?:wave:

lol we used to play with monty ont he bed but he just runs really fast and doesnt stop and runs straight off:shock::shock:

im not sure if u can get it online x

That's so cool:D
I wished I had that... there are no good hamster runs in Norway, at least not for syrian hamsters:cry:
Temari is usually in her hamster ball when she's out, but she can't really use many toys while inside that.:roll:

In pets at home you can get a Hamster pen for £10. I got one for my syrian Ben! There's I think about 7-8 different coloured panels linked together and to join it you just put the hooks in the looped wire on last panel! It's big enough for them to have a decent sized run around with all the toys in or their cage and it just all folds up and can be put in a draw or tucked somewhere! Bargain for a tenner! It's good for when I calen him out but I do have to sit next to as he does try to escape but now he just climbs out and onto my knee for a nosey!

Back