• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yet Another P&H Grumble

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Just been to the one in Sheffield as had to get a dog crate in an emergency and as always I check out the buns . They had buns and pigs in together. Told the asisstant and he called over "Tom" who told me yeah I know it's fine they can live happily together, we've been doing it for 10 years no probs. I said they can seriously harm the pigs and they have different nutritional requirements. His reply "That's why we feed them all on Pig meusli":censored:
I told him I thought it was disgusting and his knowledge didn't even make primary school grade. He said he had been selling them together as pets for years and had no complaints. Well he certainly got his first one tonight:censored::censored::censored:

Just been to the one in Sheffield as had to get a dog crate in an emergency and as always I check out the buns . They had buns and pigs in together. Told the asisstant and he called over "Tom" who told me yeah I know it's fine they can live happily together, we've been doing it for 10 years no probs. I said they can seriously harm the pigs and they have different nutritional requirements. His reply "That's why we feed them all on Pig meusli":censored:
I told him I thought it was disgusting and his knowledge didn't even make primary school grade. He said he had been selling them together as pets for years and had no complaints. Well he certainly got his first one tonight:censored::censored::censored:

I have been speaking with P@H HO today. They say that it is now officially against company policy to keep Buns and Piggies in the same enclosure. If you want the contact number of HO to pass on your concerns to them do PM me

Janex

I have been speaking with P@H HO today. They say that it is now officially against company policy to keep Buns and Piggies in the same enclosure. If you want the contact number of HO to pass on your concerns to them do PM me

Janex

janes rite, i complained to my local one and they changed it within 2 days. was like it for 3 months, perfect, now theyve changed it back:censored:

I picked up their leaflet on rabbit care today and it says Guinea Pigs and rabbits should not be kept together!

I might pop to the Sheffield one tomorrow and have a look. I'll tell them that I thought it was against their company policy to keep buns and pigs together.

Shall get in touch with HO as my local P@H always has bunnies and piggies together:roll:

I can second what has been said by H/O . They shouldn't be kept together. Please do pass on comments to H/O.

Everyone keeps saying to pass on details to HO. But when the OP was faced with a member of staff saying its ok for buns and pigs to live together, there is obviously a MAJOR miscommunication going on in that company!!

It just feels like we go round in bleeding circles!!!
(sorry to rant)

Yes - as SJ says the Chelmsford one has started housing buns and piggies together again so if you could pass that on in your correspondence that would be great, Jane ;)

alison, i have already sent my email again and stated that if they agreed i was correct beforehand why would they then change it back, when they know it isnt suitable etc etc, AND i went in there and had a moan 2 days ago xxxxx

my local one in christchurch dorset had about 10 rabbits and 10 guineas all together in one pen,all the guinea pigs were huddled under a plastic house and looked petrified,i will email head office

It does no good WHATSOEVER for them to have these 'company policies' if they aren't even going to carry them out in their stores!!! :roll: :evil: :evil:

It does no good WHATSOEVER for them to have these 'company policies' if they aren't even going to carry them out in their stores!!! :roll: :evil: :evil:

It's not so much the policies, it's the fact that the 'bunny villages' were sectioned off to ensure the rabbits and guineas weren't put together anymore. The stores know what's supposed to happen and this is why I cannot understand why some are still doing it.

You didnt see a little grey and white nethie with a head wound did you? :cry:

S/he was in one of the rabbit only area's with a harlequin lop and a grey & white Dutch.

I complained but dont know if anything was actually done...

You didnt see a little grey and white nethie with a head wound did you? :cry:

S/he was in one of the rabbit only area's with a harlequin lop and a grey & white Dutch.

I complained but dont know if anything was actually done...

There was a pure white dutch in with a baby pig in one enclosure and then a harli dwarf lop, grey and white nethie and an agouti in the other side with 2 pigs

I didn't notice any visible injury on the nethie but none of them had hay, just a huge bowl of pig meusli and the water bottle was just laid on its side on the floor.
:censored:

My local petshop, not p@h, has cavies and rabbits together for sale. I've only been in there once or twice just for a look and some emergency food.......(anyone want to pick up on that without knowing the full facts;):rolleyes:)
If I go in there again what can I politely(?) say ? It's a privately owned shop

Lspacehopper,
Just wondering, do you have area managers that come round regularly to inspect the stores to ensure they are sticking to company policies? I wonder if this is where HO are going wrong?

Maybe they need to up the ante with regard to supervising store managers.

If not, maybe we could comment on this in our reports to HO.

Im going to Chelmsford today I think so will pop in if I can find it!

There was a pure white dutch in with a baby pig in one enclosure and then a harli dwarf lop, grey and white nethie and an agouti in the other side with 2 pigs

I didn't notice any visible injury on the nethie but none of them had hay, just a huge bowl of pig meusli and the water bottle was just laid on its side on the floor.
:censored:

They have put the pigs in with them since the week before christmas then and the nethie and the harlequin were scrapping when I was there. The meusli is new too....they had pellets last time :?:?:?

Back