• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does he want to come in or just play? Rabbit behaviour

Sarah86

Mama Doe
Charlie has taken to sitting on top of his hutch. The hutch is placed right next to the window and the sofa inside is against the same window, he sits as close to the window as he can and keeps looking at us. It makes me feel mean and think he wants to be in the house with us.

Poppy doesn't come out of the hutch much when its cold but he's always out-could he be bored? He does sometimes want to play chase and I have to go out and play with him, he runs away I chase him then he runs back at me etc :lol:

I suspect that Poppy would like to be a house bunny because she hides behind the big vase in the corner when I've put Charlie back in his hutch and she knows she's going in next but otherwise sits on the sofa with us.

Last edited:
Awww that's so sweet! It could be any of the things you've suggested. It could also be that he just likes sitting up high. Bobbin sleeps and sits on his little wooden house instead of in it... I think he likes to be king of the castle :rolleyes: Or maybe he is just trying to see what those weird hoomans are doing in their house! :lol:

:lol::lol: He makes me feel guilty when he does it. I think he does like being high up but for a while we didn't let him up there so I think then it was a game to him.

It's the way he sits as close to us as possible and watches us thats making me wonder what he wants :lol:.

Do you want them to be house bunnies? ;)

Bunnies like being up high but they also like having things to do. He might be entertaining himself watching you. You could give him some new toys or boxes to play with :)

Tam

Do you want them to be house bunnies? ;)

Bunnies like being up high but they also like having things to do. He might be entertaining himself watching you. You could give him some new toys or boxes to play with :)

Tam

Yeah I do :lol:, I like spending time with them indoors and they seem happy in our company- demonstrated by happy rolls, they also love playing outside though but when its wet and miserable they aren't out much and I don't want to go out and sit in the rain with them.

He has plenty to do but I think he wants attention from us because Poppy isn't giving him any :lol:, there's a spare hutch outside that they go in and out and on top of, a tunnel, toys, and a carrier on top of the other hutch that he sits on top of and they both go in it.

Well if they enjoy being inside and you like um there what are you waiting for :) I'm sure he'll find something to purch on inside too :lol: Or I guess you could add a catflap so they can come and go as they like ;)

Well if they enjoy being inside and you like um there what are you waiting for :) I'm sure he'll find something to purch on inside too :lol: Or I guess you could add a catflap so they can come and go as they like ;)

I can't add a cat flap because the whole end wall of the living room is made up of two huge windows and glass patio doors or I would. After Charlie chewed the new sofa my boyfriend said he wasn't allowed in anymore even though he's a good boy after he's been neutered and got a friend- as soon as I graduate and my name goes on the mortgage that may change :lol:
In the meantime I will switch on the persuasion skills :lol:

I always have the same dilema with my frenchie BB.
She clearly loves being out n the garden, but she always comes and taps the conservatory doors to be let in. She likes to come in for a munch and a chew on the sofa, and then goes back out again.
One of my giants does the same - he loves lying under the dining table.

I keep saying to my OH that they all need to be house bunnies!

He can't make his mind up, I let him in, he runs around has a lie down, robs the hay bags and then wants to go back out again :lol: A cat flap would be great if we could get one- shame. Its okay in summer because I just leave the door open. If he comes in then Poppy usually comes to the door to be let in too, I wondered where she was this morning and had a peek, she was sat on her snugglesafe, she doesn't tolerate the cold as well as Charlie :lol:

Back