• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Melanie and Prince please :( U/D 1400hrs

toffee

Mama Doe
After all the problems we've had with Melanie and Prince recently, yesterday they stopped eating and pooing. :(

I took them to the vet and they were given Metaclopromide, Baytril and painkiller injections. I also have some fibreplex which they are having 3 times a day.

Melanie started pooing last night. I think Prince has done some too but I'm not sure. :( They didn't want breakfast this morning but ate some parsley and hay over night. I don't want to separate them because I think they need each other for moral support.

Please can we have some eating and pooing vibes for my babies. I'll be devastated if they don't get better. these two really are my babies. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
OH has emailed to say bunnies are eating hay, but still not eaten breakfast.

Any ideas what might have caused this? Based on the fact that they have been a little under the weather for a few days and vet is treating for EC (even though EC is not confirmed).

I went home at lunch time. Melanie has eaten half her breakfast and I witnessed pooing.:D She was also tempted with a treat.

Prince looked very unwell indeed. He just lay there and didn't want to get up. No eating, no poo.:cry::cry: I rushed them both back to the vet and he has given both of them more metaclopromide and pain relief and also sub cut fluids. He has also given me Science recovery. On a positive note, his guts are making some noises.

If Prince does not improve by 7pm they will be admitted into hospital for regular injections (fluids I assume) to be given.

Back