• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just heard a rabbit scream...

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
...and it really is as horrible as people say :cry::cry::cry:

Lexie bit Mavericks leg whilst I was giving him his wormer and the poor little mite cried out, it was a heartbreaking sound.

He is OK though, no blood drawn and not limping but it must have hurt him.

I dont think I am going to be able to pair these two up though, Lex is far to jealous of me and it looks like Mav is growing to be the same :?

Oh Sooz, I can totally synpathise......I think it is one of THE worst and most heartbreaking sounds ever. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm glad that Maverick is okay!:(

Awww Sooz that is sad :cry: Poor Maverick, glad he is ok though. You are so good with them they obviously want you all to them selves :?

when i first bought home peanut, i put him well jelly (theyw ere both 8 weeks old and i was told they were unable to breed :shock: luckily neither of them were fertile) and she chased him and bit him instantly, it was awful :(:(

Glad he is ok and i sympathise with you.....

the last time I heard a rabbit scream was at the dreadful place we got the rescue mission buns from..it was one we couldn't save..still haunts me:cry::cry:

the last time I heard a rabbit scream was at the dreadful place we got the rescue mission buns from..it was one we couldn't save..still haunts me:cry::cry:

:cry::cry::cry: Thats is so awful.

He is bounding round the kitchen bright as a button now.

Im wondering if maybe someone else will need to pair them for me, I think just my presence could start a fight. Lex has bitten Poppy dog before for sitting on my lap and she lunged at out kitten Tiffin yesterday :(

Glad he's ok, its horrible isn't it :cry: I've only heard it once and that was when I had two boys who broke friends and tried to kill each other.... one of the worst things I have seen and heard.... :cry:

I've a bun in at the minute Lola and everytime I went to put her away at night she screamed at me, I could understand if she had something to scream about, but I try to make enough noise so it doesn't sound like I'm creeping up on her, but still she would scream at me. She's a REW and it's always dark when I go and get them out the garden so I imagine she can't see me. Anyway when Fiver whent to his new home, she's had his hutch (the run is attached) so I don't have to catch her and she doesn't have to scare us both to death with her scream. Honestly I'm sure the neighbours must think I've kidnapped a kid and I'm beating it :oops::lol:

its a horrible noise ...made worse by the fact that its only heard when rabbits are realy hurt or distressed .

first time i heard it it made me cry and feel sick...its such a human sounding noise:roll::?:(

I've only ever heard it once, and hope i never hear it again, it's the most distressing sound, almost childlike :cry::cry:

It was my beloved Smokey who died in an hoffific way at the hands of a vet. :cry::cry: It still haunts me everyday, i just hope he forgave me for what happened. :cry:

I've never heard it, but my mum heard our old rabbit scream from severe arthritis years ago. It was in the days before decent veterinary care for rabbits (no anti inflammatories etc), so she booked an appointment and had him put to sleep straight after hearing it. Poor old thing was about 10.

Still haunts me too Jill...... I'll never forget that noise and I'll and never forget him either. :cry::cry:

Its one of those sounds that sends a chill down your back, I remember when my two were stroppy teens clove used to hump poor fudge and pull fur off her and the screams terrified me, so Clove promptly got spayed!

:-( I'd hate to hear a scream in person. There was a rabbit with flystrike on that zoo vet programme once and she screamed, it was awful through the tv.

Back