• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she's making a weird noise!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Sorrel was just flopped out having a rest as she often does...but she was making a new noise, quite like the little squeaky grunt they do when they're cross, but very regularly, about once every 3 seconds. :shock: she seemed happy - does anyone know what this noise signifies?

Is there anything new in the room?

Its hard to say without hearing the noise itself.

Nothing significant...there are probably some bits and pieces on the floor but then there usually are.

Its hard to explain the noise but sometimes when I'm cleaning her abcess, which she hates, she makes a little frightened grunt...and it was very much like that but more regular and accompanied by very relaxed body language. which seemed odd. Ah well she is a perplexing creature!

I'm not actually sure how to recognise a sleeping bun :oops: - do they necessarily have their eyes fully closed when sleeping? She has them half closed now. She often does that but I'm never sure if she's sleeping or just chillin'.

I'm not actually sure how to recognise a sleeping bun :oops: - do they necessarily have their eyes fully closed when sleeping? She has them half closed now. She often does that but I'm never sure if she's sleeping or just chillin'.

A few of mine sleep with their eyes half open, they seem to have a semi-conscious state as opposed to oblivion!

I just wondered if she may be dreaming?!

That seems emminently possible - what are the signs of dreaming then - making strange noises?? I didn't know they *could* dream.

It is so much fun having her indoors, I am seeing her do all manner of new things.

Back