• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bonded rabbits have to live in same hutch?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
Hello.

I have two male lionheads that live separately due to fighting. I'm strongly thinking about getting them neutered in a couple of months time.

Just wondered - if they become friends again, can I put them in there run together to play but still keep them in separate hutches or would they have to be together 24/7 for bond to work?

They're big rabbits so I feel there wouldnt be enough space in one hutch, also I dont think I could trust them being together again without keeping watch over them as their past fights looked so nasty!

They need to live together really or they may keep fighting. I definately recomend neutering as that will mean they will hopefully bond easier. Could you join the hutches up?

Once bonded they have to stay togther or else the bond wll be lost and you will have to start again.. if oyu want them to be in teh run together then they need to be bonded. The op will calm them down considerably and after a few weeks of the op being done then you can start bonding.... best to supervise for as much as you can but once they are bonded they will be fine... but they do need space as too little can cause spats, same as any animal or person :roll:

Back