• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi - cruel people

racheld69

Mama Doe
A guy in the village was telling me if some farmers find Myxi rabbits they take them and put them in warrens not infected with Myxi - how awful is that. :cry:

:cry::cry:

Myxi was origionally released as a means of 'pest control' :evil:

Janex

I know - its awful isn't it. But proliferating it like that seems excessively cruel. He also said that Myxi had nearly gone then the newer, stronger strain was purposefully released.:cry:

I know - its awful isn't it. But proliferating it like that seems excessively cruel. He also said that Myxi had nearly gone then the newer, stronger strain was purposefully released.:cry:

I did not realise that it had almost been wiped out.... FFS :evil:

A guy in the village was telling me if some farmers find Myxi rabbits they take them and put them in warrens not infected with Myxi - how awful is that. :cry:

Is that a current thing, ie he knows someone doing it? If so that's actually illegal under Section 12 of the Pests Act 1954. I imagine Defra is the people you'd need to report that to. It was spread that way originally in the 1950's.

Tamsin

Is that a current thing, ie he knows someone doing it? If so that's actually illegal under Section 12 of the Pests Act 1954. I imagine Defra is the people you'd need to report that to. It was spread that way originally in the 1950's.

Tamsin

Ah ha!!! Gotcha :D That's wicked Tamsin, good to know these things :thumb:

Back