• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why does it happen to me?

kimd6200

Banned
as you all know i cannot have anymore buns,but for 2yrs ive been on a waiting list for a blue continental giant which id forgotten all about.anyway,been contacted by a breeder who has a 2yr old for sale.got abit excited until he told me shes £150!!!!:shock::shock::shock:nearly fell out of my bloody chair.surely no1 will pay that much for a bunny?x

Ooooh.
But I s'pose, if someone bought one with the intention of breeding, it might be worth it to them? Its offspring could be sold for a similar amount - I'm only guessing here - or maybe like with dogs it has good pedigree? :oops: I'm only guessing, as I know absolutely nothing about these things.

Must be frustrating to get contacted after 2 years and be told that price, though!

That's high for an older one. I think it's good that giant rabbits are a high price, stops people buying them on a whim.

Must be gutting for you to have waited all that time.

Aw thats sad but its good that you know you cant take it on and i bet with anew baby on the way you can spend the money on cute little baby stuff:D

oh god yea.cud by my pram and moses basket n a load of clothes.just a dream.ooh dont get me talkin on ickle baby shopping!!!:lol:

I think it's great that they are expensive, makes impulse buying less common. Some recently mentioned a giant in P@H for a similar amount.

But that Kim, is the law of sod! :lol:

if i was serious id pay £150 for a giant..... one day ill get one too but not till im an experienced rabbit keeper and ive got a bigger house ofcourse...lol

if i was serious id pay £150 for a giant..... one day ill get one too but not till im an experienced rabbit keeper and ive got a bigger house ofcourse...lol

same here! i showed my dad one in PAH today, so he cud see the size as it was nearly fully grown, and he loved it, and he isnt a bunny person. of course i explained i would get a rescue one but while i was int here i thought i would show him!

thing is we have a huge workshop full of junk, it looks like a stable with a huge wooden door and lovely big windows, and one day a giant will live in there. but not right now as i dont have the time and am going off to university in sept.

My friend Kate has fallen in love with a giant in pah, he is gorgwous but shes got 3 already and he couldn't be a house rab at minute ...

sometimes mind has to focus and realign and think no, its not good for the bunny x

well thats my case.i could just go n buy her but theres vet bills etc.actually usin my head.(eventhough its hollow):lol:

I think it's good they're that price it stops people who are not serious about rabbits and goving them a honme for life, taking on the buns and then rehoming them when they're bored, as they're cheap and disposable. Let's hope the prices go up for all bunnies and we could be onto a winner :D

I wonder if she's been used to produce litters, and is now being sold off as "old stock"?
I'd hope that if they were asking for £150 they'd have her neutered before she is rehomed so that someone can't use her for breeding.

Kim, almost all of those breeders are bad news. They overbreed and doesn't know what gene diversification is. I'm currently in this problem w/ my bun Goofball, she has bone cancer just before age 2. You really should get a rescue bunny instead.

oh no im not getting one,i cant im just sayin been on a list for 2yrs.shes an import from holland.lovely girl.x

I think it's great that they are expensive, makes impulse buying less common. Some recently mentioned a giant in P@H for a similar amount.

But that Kim, is the law of sod! :lol:

yea they are about £130 in pets at home, I agree that they should be expensive to buy so that it stops people buying them on a whim

Back