• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What litter do you use?

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
I'm struggling to make ends meet at the moment... both Hawys and I being underpaid isn't helping this at all :(

I always do an order of Megazorb every 2 pay days... but I can't do this until next pay day.

Which litter is safe to use??

My buns are all over 8 months....

xx

I use my horse shavings bought in bale type bags. Newspaper on the bottom then the shavings and then lots of hay. Never had a problem with this :)

you could try to get extra newspaper from somewhere to keep you going - I get mine from my vets (they get given it, but don't need it)... then you'd need a thinner layer of litter :)

Wooden pelleted cat litter. I find a bag lasts longer than mezazorb. A layer in the bottom, lots of hay. The pellets soak up the liquid and then turn to powder, so I only clean the litter trays twice a week.

you could try to get extra newspaper from somewhere to keep you going - I get mine from my vets (they get given it, but don't need it)... then you'd need a thinner layer of litter :)

I work for the Liverpool Echo newspaper, so I don't think the newspaper is a problem, lol.

I just worry about using it because they decide to eat it... x

Wooden pelleted cat litter. I find a bag lasts longer than mezazorb. A layer in the bottom, lots of hay. The pellets soak up the liquid and then turn to powder, so I only clean the litter trays twice a week.

Do bunnies not eat this? I tried mine on it when they were babies and they decided to eat it instead of use it :roll:

I just use newspaper and hay. The rabbits are too busy munching the hay to bother eating the paper.

bio catolet..ive tried everything else and this is great and can even be bought in small bags via tesco grocery orders online!

we get bigger ones from pet planet or k9 capers online.

i use russell rabbit bedding straw as a top layer with some hay to nibble..stays working for ages..with frenchies that 24hrs!:lol: no pongs either like with wood pellets and doesnt get everywhere like megazorb.

Do bunnies not eat this? I tried mine on it when they were babies and they decided to eat it instead of use it :roll:

Not so far. It's all covered with a layer of hay, so they prefer to munch on that!
Squidgy doesn't like it though, so he has carefresh on top of his pellets!

isnt biocatolet quite expensive though?

im currently looking to change as well because megazorb is getting everywhere!!!! especially with Zola the great lump running about!

when i went home at xmas i used P@H safe bedding and it was fine for Wispa, she ate some so i put hay at her head end in a macdonalds drinks container and she found that tastier!!

Bio catolet is £8 for 25 ltrs at P@h but it apparently lasts ages, onle been using it for a week,. bt barely used any an thats wioth daily changes x

yeah, bearing in mind i change my trays every nite, it has hardly made a dent, put a layer of np, layer of biocatolet and a layer of hay. i tend to put half meadow and half grass/forage.

x

I use exactly the same as you:D never had any problems
Sallyx

I use Megazorb because its only £7 for a huge sack :lol: I can only get up to buy some at the weekends and have run out during the week and just used newspaper and hay until I get some more :D x

Back