• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe covers.....

bunbuns

Warren Veteran
Anyone know a good place to get these from?

Meg and Ben have completely trashed their one :rolleyes:

I've found some but they all seem to want more postage than i'd be paying for the actual cover!

Anyone know a good place to get these from?

Meg and Ben have completely trashed their one :rolleyes:

I've found some but they all seem to want more postage than i'd be paying for the actual cover!

I looked too and ended up patching one of my chewed ones up...... but next time I'll make one from scratch. The material doesnt seem to be anything special, some micro wheat bags I have, just have normal cotton. You dont even have to shape it, just cut a rectangle and make a pillow slip style.

Alfie trashed his last night and I plan to just make a new one too. It seems fairly straight forward. If I put one together I can do a pattern for you if you like? :D

Oooorrr, If someone manages to make one, Poss sell them to make money for one of the rescues? ;) As the materials will be fairly cheap, even if you're reimbursed for them you should make a fair amount of money :D

Oooorrr, If someone manages to make one, Poss sell them to make money for one of the rescues? ;) As the materials will be fairly cheap, even if you're reimbursed for them you should make a fair amount of money :D

Yes it has gone through my mind, but didn't know if it might be stepping on toes somewhere.:roll: These things are often copy righted ( or similar) and to sell for commercial gain might cause problems. The simplist of things seem to be so complicated now a days ( all H&S and trading standards and stuff). It's ok for own use though.:D

£2 for a piece of fleece from the market, not fab clours but who cares! If you already have one it should be pretty straight forward to copy, but a pillowslip style is even easier and no velcro required, unless you use the velcro from your trashed cover??

Yes it has gone through my mind, but didn't know if it might be stepping on toes somewhere.:roll: These things are often copy righted ( or similar) and to sell for commercial gain might cause problems. The simplist of things seem to be so complicated now a days ( all H&S and trading standards and stuff). It's ok for own use though.:D

If you just advertise in the fundraising section on here, I wouldnt have thought anyone would be bothered about any of it as your raising money for buns in need. Tis all a bit daft isnt it :rolleyes:

If you just advertise in the fundraising section on here, I wouldnt have thought anyone would be bothered about any of it as your raising money for buns in need. Tis all a bit daft isnt it :rolleyes:

Yeah it is, I agree :roll:. I'll make one and try it out with Alfie to see how it goes ( and how long it lasts!:shock:) :lol:

Smokey considers destroying Snugglesafe covers a national sport:lol:! After trashing many of them, I now just buy really cheap pillow cases and wrap them up.

I've tried making my own from fleece etc but they don't last 5 seconds with my two.

Alfie trashed his last night and I plan to just make a new one too. It seems fairly straight forward. If I put one together I can do a pattern for you if you like? :D

Ahh thanks, that would be great :wave:

Thanks everyone, didnt even think of doing it myself.

Needlework at school wasnt my strong point :oops:

Ahh thanks, that would be great :wave:

Thanks everyone, didnt even think of doing it myself.

Needlework at school wasnt my strong point :oops:

Just did a very rough and ready pillow type one and no probs at all. Alfie is trialling it as we speak ( so could be in bits by the morning :lol:) .I'll put something on paper, then you are welcome to have a copy.:D

Back