• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hiya everyone!

sparkle

New Kit
Hiya everyone!

I'm Helen but nick named Elle. :D

I found this forum by chance really, but it's great to be here. I currently have 3 cats but the family are desperate to get a rabbit. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea as someone said the cats may start spraying ( even if i keep the rabbits outside!) I am hoping to find a topic somewhere on the forum to find some advice :D There's so much to see i haven't found one yet.

Elle xx

Hi and welcome! There are quite a few topics about cats and rabbits so you should find what you're looking for. Are your cats intact? I have a neutered male cat and he doesn't spray near the rabbits, nor at all I don't think.

Welcome to RU. I have 3 cats, both males are neutered and the female is going to be asap. I also have 20-ish rabbits and no problems with the cats spraying!

:wave: Hey

I have four bunnies and two cats :D They get on just fine, Smrinoff just stays away from the bunnies and the kitten Hunter is too frightened to go near them yet :lol:

There are loads of threads on here about cats and rabbits living together x

Hello, and welcome to the forum!!! :wave:

I have two neutered cats, and no problem whatsoever with spraying, around the buns or anywhere!!!

Good luck!!! :D

welcome ul have great fun here learning more about rabbits than u knew existed... at least thats what iv found! :)

hi

:wave:welcome to ru:D
i have 2 rabbits and 3 cats and the cats and bun buns get on fine,its just the buns who fight:rolleyes: so they live seperate.xx:wave:

hiya and welcome i'm pretty new myself but i can actually tell u about puddy cats and bunnies we've got 2 house bunnies and 3 very old cats and theres no problems atall infact our tom cat licks the bunnies head which they dont like. The buns also think it's hilarious to chase the cats round the lounge, i wouldnt say the girl cats like the bunnies but they're tolerant of them and very naughty too sometimes; thy sit under our rocking chair which is the bunnies den so the buns nibble their tails just to show theyre annoyed

Welcome to RU- you will find lots of advice on rabbits here and lots of support with probs too -thay have been very helpful to me . Do check out the rescue centres for a lovely bun (and maybe take a pair of buns?) Do read as much as you can about rabbit care on here before you choose your bun.
-Good luck -Sue:wave:

Back