• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can rabbits go out in the run in the cold?

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
my new rabbits Miss Beatrix and Norman,one year old dutch have been with me a week,the lady i got them from said they went in the run every day and came in the house in the evening and sat on the sofa.Is it too cold for them to be in the run at the moment??Their hutch is outside,thanks

If they are outdoor buns they will be fine in the run as they will have their winter coats.
Mine sit out in their run in the rain,wind and snow:rolleyes:

The temperature change from indoors to outdoors is not good for them this time of year.

If they've lived outside throughout autumn and the start of winter they will have grown winter coats so they should be fine

My girls go outside in their run, wind, or shine. I don't put them out in the rain because they could catch a chill in this weather, but if your rabbits have been outdoors for autumn and winter, they will be fine.

I agree with other posters, if they're outdoor bunnies, they'll be fine outside if they have a warm dry place to retreat to.

My lot go out in all weathers, snow, rain, wind etc. The only time I make them stay in is if there is hail or a storm.

If they're really wet, I just dry them off with a towel before I shut them in at night.

Muppet's a full-time indoor bunny but he still likes to pop out in his run for a bit. It is set up so I can leave the back door open and he can hop in and out at his leisure though. I'd still put him out for an hour or so if I had to shut him out I think (dry weather only), he likes it. (Actually he'd like it better yet if he go in the garden and not have to stay in the run!)

I just let mine decide what they want to do! If they want to sit in the rain, then so be it. in this weather though, outside bunnies should be kept permanently outside unless ill i.e no trips in the house.

Back